Talk

Advanced search

December for a week that isn't the canaries?

(9 Posts)
coolma Sat 17-Oct-09 17:30:56

Hi we really fancy a week away in December - somewhere warm, kids club-by type activities, all inc if possible, but can only get a week. Don;t want to go somewhere which will take two of the seven days to get to and from if you see what I mean. So far have come up with Egypt (dh not keen), Madeira, North Africa. Can anyone astound me with somewhere different?

Thanks.

Katymac Sun 18-Oct-09 00:23:17

We have done Egypt 3 times - twice with Nielson & once with Mark Warner

We loved it

You can do Kenya with Neilson now (I think) & it looks fab (& expensive)

Drayford Sun 18-Oct-09 23:34:01

Carribean maybe? Daytime flying out and nightime flying back....

I've done 1 week in the carribean several times with young DC, you just need to time the flights right.

Katymac Mon 19-Oct-09 07:49:04

<<apologies for the Hijack>>
Really Drayford? We are going at noon(ish) & returning at 8 in the morning - do you think that will work? DD will be 12 so I am not sure how important it will be.

ScaryFucker Mon 19-Oct-09 08:12:44

Egypt

Cape Verde

coolma Mon 19-Oct-09 09:15:14

Lurrrve the thought of cape verde, must admit....

Drayford Mon 19-Oct-09 09:22:14

Katymac - my last time to Grenada (last easter) we flew from Gatwick during the day and arrived about 3pm (vv civilised) and then flew back overnight on a red eye and arrived back at abourt 7.30 am.

Next Easter I'm off to Nevis via Antigua and flying with BA, out from Heathrow at about 10.30 am arriving in Antgua at 2.00pm, then red eye back leaving at 7pm and arriving heathrow at 7.30 am.

Your DD shouldn't have any problems with that - try and get her to go to sleep on the flight back.

Flying with kids can be difficult, all a matter of timing! (and bribery patience)

TanyaBranning Mon 19-Oct-09 09:26:18

Dubai - will be very hot, but for your money (if you get a package) you'll get a good standard of hotel compared to Caribbean / Canaries. Not exactly cultural centre of the world, but if you want weather, great hotels and pools, good food etc - great place to go.

kreecherlivesupstairs Sat 24-Oct-09 22:24:52

Oman gets my vote, lovely people, stunning scenery and beaches and you can drive to Dubai for excitement!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now