Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Clearwater Florida? Please help M'netter's any advice sooo appreciated

(6 Posts)
mummyplonk Wed 14-Oct-09 20:30:53

Hellllp! MIL & FIL (both over retirement age) are due to go on holiday in 7 days to Clearwater, they are meant to be going with a family friend but due to a recent death they have just said they cannot accompany them.

The family friend used to live there, was going to drive and knows the area, was going to book Motels etc for the duration of the stay.

My poor Inlaws do-not (will not) drive. and havnt been that far in their life! They have asked me to go on the computer and try to find a nice one bedroomed apartment, or B & B at Hotel, close to the beach, ideally with a kitchen.

I have been searching for hours, everything is booked up or can house 18 people! I feel so sorry for them, can anyone help with places you have stayed?

Washersaurus Wed 14-Oct-09 20:39:54

Have a look at Rentalo.com you enter your details and anybody with rooms etc available will email you with offers (you can stop the emails as soon as you find something)

I haven't used it for Florida but have used it twice for Barcelona and it is really fast and you get some good late offers.

mummyplonk Wed 14-Oct-09 21:01:39

Thanks 4 that Washersaurus, have sent some e-mails, I cant believe everything is booked up this time of year. I am so worried for them, If I cant find anything I feel like asking them to stay at home as am arranging a bus from the airport etc. It's meant to be a holiday not stressfull, bless em.

Washersaurus Wed 14-Oct-09 21:17:36

Well my mum has a house in Clermont but that is miles from the sea grin

mummyplonk Wed 14-Oct-09 21:44:06

I would luurve to go to Clermont, u lucky thing. I would def be there for Christmas. Any hoo, everywhere apart from the Red Roof Inn, Quality Hotel and Holiday Inn seems, fully booked.

Has anyone any exp of these, please? am about to pull my own teeth? (or worse invite them to stay here for 3 wks)wink

Washersaurus Wed 14-Oct-09 22:32:56

Well, unfortunately I haven't been able to afford to visit my mum in Florida for 3 years.

I hope you manage to find somewhere, I can't think why it would be booked up this month - half-term maybe?

Have you tried all the sites that come up when you google 'clearwater florida holiday apartment'? There were a couple I spotted that seemed to have availability.

Well I'm off to bed, good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now