Talk

Advanced search

does anyone have any experiance of staying in a shared facility hotel in new york?

(5 Posts)
lizandlulu Wed 14-Oct-09 16:16:28

a friend and i are thinking of going in feb/march and trying to keep the cost down i have been looking for a cheap hotel in a central position. there is a couple of shared facility ones wich state a shared bathroom, but i am abit wary of staying somewhere like that in such a big city, oyu never know who might have been in infront of you!
has anyone ever stayed in one? or know of a cheap hotel near times sq/central park area?
i have stayed in the thirty thirty hotel and a comfort inn and they were in a perfect palce.

lionmummy Wed 14-Oct-09 20:45:58

I stayed in the YMCA on W63rd St right by Columbus Circle. It was absolutely fine, friend & I had a twin room & we shared a (women only) clean bathroom. Nothing fancy but a great location by the park, short walk to 5th Avenue. Have stayed in decent hotels in NY before, always £££ & tiny rooms & really as you're in the room such a short space of time we didn't notice the difference other than the fact we had more ££ to shop with

lizandlulu Thu 15-Oct-09 11:53:14

WELL THAT SOUNDS ENCOURAGING! (sorry) so is there a woman only floor? of just a woman only bathroom? sorry if i sound thick, but i have no idea how these places workgrin

tvfriend Fri 16-Oct-09 14:32:45

Not sure how cheap is cheap but take a look at the Apple Core Hotels website- we got a really cheap room there with own bathroom.

defineme Fri 16-Oct-09 14:40:47

My dh took a lot of his 6th form students to that ymca and it was single sex rooms and bathrooms-he said it was a bit grim decor wise, but clean, central, warm and safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now