Talk

Advanced search

A not too expensive break in Feb half term/ Easter hols?

(3 Posts)
chicaguapa Mon 12-Oct-09 19:33:10

DH is doing a PGCE at the moment and it's hard work for everyone; no money, no time to do anything other than study, grumpy DH, grumpy me doing everything else blush etc. I'm thinking about booking a break for us all for Feb half term or the Easter hols so we can all look forward to spending a bit of time together and maybe relax a bit? Any suggestions? I've just looked at CP but that's coming up £800 Mon-Fri. If I'm going to spend that much, I'd rather go somewhere else. DCs are 8 & 5 and we're not bothered about hot weather, just somewhere relaxing and warm.

izz2009 Wed 14-Oct-09 13:39:00

When we want a cheap night/weekend away we sometimes book in at the Travel Lodge. Once we just booked 2 nights in Brighton which was nice. You can get a family room cheap enough (not sure if they do adjoining rooms).

Let's face it you only really want a bed for the night.

Or you could have a long weekend in London. We stayed at the Strand Palace, which is only 5 minutes walk to Covent Garden, The Lion King, Dirty Dancing) so very central. Travel Lodge also have a place in Covent Garden.

This is a link from my favourites that has the links for the above (I keep it because it has lots of useful links all in one place):

Travel Links

Hope this helps. Have a great time.

chicaguapa Fri 16-Oct-09 19:47:27

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now