Talk

Advanced search

been offered to stay with friend in carcasssone in july - am i mad

(14 Posts)
hermykne Fri 10-Jun-05 21:38:41

will have ds, 1 end july, and dd 2 + 10mths.
would it be terribly hot for them?
friends house doesnt have aircon. doesnt bother me.
but it be for a week, and i wold like the break away.
flight prices are ridiculous for it so for us 3 and car it'd be £700. so i would kinda hope it would be worth it

another questions - am i mad to go by myself on plane. dd will amuse herself but ds is a wriggler!

moondog Fri 10-Jun-05 21:40:53

On your own??????
You mad,brave woman!

Wouldn't worry about the flight,more the week itself.. Sure it's going to be boiling.My sister lived in Arles (Provence) for years and it was hell in the summer.

hermykne Fri 10-Jun-05 21:42:46

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

sammac Fri 10-Jun-05 21:44:21

I've been invited to go to Carcassone too, but in August. Didn't even know where it was. Friends just bought a house there. Just me and dd and ds, but we've to fly from Glasgow, and know what you mean about the flight prices. A lot of hanging about in the airport too. House looks lovely, has a pool so lots ofsplashing around.

hermykne Fri 10-Jun-05 21:45:54

sammac what age are yours and are u worried about heat?
my firend has a pool too. and her kids are quite good about going indoors when it gets too hot.

moondog Fri 10-Jun-05 21:47:04

hermykne,it could be called a change,but a break..? No,no,no not by any stretch of the imagination. Are you usually alone with your kids?
I dio 7 week stretches (hile dh is away) with an 11 month old and a 4 year old. It's hard work..

moondog Fri 10-Jun-05 21:48:09

Oh sorry,the friends will be there will they?
That could be marginally more tolerable (assuming they help you out a lot)

hermykne Fri 10-Jun-05 21:49:05

yes moondog, my dh leaves us every 2nd day and is away for 24hrs from noon til lunch next day.
so i am use to it.
and he goes away for maybe 3/4 days at a time.
not often but i have done it.

7 weekstretches are looonng.
dont know about that!

hermykne Fri 10-Jun-05 21:50:32

my friend has twin girls aged 6 while we are there its their birthday and a little boy of 2 + 5mths and pregnant but very active person.
her dh wont be there.
just moms and kids

sammac Fri 10-Jun-05 21:51:34

Dd is 11, so will be fine. Ds is 3.5 and very blonde so will have to slather on the suncream. On holiday we normally have a break from the sun so kinda thought along those lines, like a siesta.

It is a very close friend so have no worries about just doing what is required, in fact she is ds's godmum, so she'll go along with what's needed. She will be there with her 11 yr dd and 8yr ds. So just the mums and children.

Her house is on the outskirts beside a vineyard- will that be cooler? I don't know. What are the average temps for the summer, do you know?

moondog Fri 10-Jun-05 21:51:51

I'd consider it then....
At least the kids will entertain each other-easier than you having to do it alone!`

sammac Fri 10-Jun-05 21:52:54

My dh is away every week, for a couple of nights down south, so I'm used to being left as well. (Even though I hate it!)

hermykne Fri 10-Jun-05 21:58:08

sammac according to bbc weather its 84 there this week - extremely hot, but my friend was there at the same time last year and although we all thought it must have been scorching, she said there might be a breeze or cloud so she didnt feel too uncomfortable or the kids.

weesaidie Fri 10-Jun-05 22:24:28

Hi

I am going with my family to somewhere near Carcassonne in July with my dd (14 months). I don't think it should be too hot, went to Greece last year and was v v hot!

A friend of mine actually has just set up a b&b there so will no doubt be visiting them...

Don't really know what there is to do there but am sure it will be lovely!

I hope you manage to go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now