Talk

Advanced search

Best place to buy Euros before Saturday....

(6 Posts)
Tamz77 Mon 12-Oct-09 12:38:53

blush

OK I accept I probably should have spent a few hours investigating exchange rates and then ordered my travel money online two months in advance for courier delivery to my house...

But I didn't. Has anyone else bought short-notice Euros recently and can advise on a decent high street rate? I have £500 to take to Italy (cultural trip for DS and myself).

I'm not an M&S cardholder and my bank doesn't look so hot in the rate stakes.

TIA smile

ILikeToQuickstepItTangoIt Mon 12-Oct-09 12:42:18

I get mine from the Post Office. No charge for buying or changing back and you don't have to order it in advance (unless maybe you go to a tiny PO).

I have no idea how the roe compares to others, I use them because it's easy smile

ScaryFucker Mon 12-Oct-09 12:45:26

Post Office, tis easy but have no idea if xchange rate is good

I can't be arsed tbh, what's a few pennies for the convenience? You don't have to preorder either.

ParisFrog Mon 12-Oct-09 12:52:20

I always go to M&S (I'm not a cardholder either). They usually have the best rates <<disclaimer - haven't checked them against the competition recently!>>

Think that last week they were selling euros at 1.02 and buying at 1.15....

kslatts Mon 12-Oct-09 12:58:22

I usually find Tesco's offer a good rate.

Tamz77 Mon 12-Oct-09 14:20:05

Thanks for suggestions. PO was about equivalent to Thomas Cook (1.04). Tbh I had no idea until, er, about an hour ago that the exchange rate was this bad. Last time I got Euros changed I think the rate was about 1.65 shock.

Will check out Tescos as hadn't thought of them previously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now