Talk

Advanced search

Princess lunch/diner at Disneyland Paris for 3 year old - yes or no

(40 Posts)
TwoManyFallsAndYouGetABadScore Mon 12-Oct-09 10:59:02

I am going to DLP on Wednesday with my 3 year old. i have booked cafe mikey for lunch one day and am wondering about the princess lunches. It does seem really expensive so I am wondering whether it is worth it - will she see enough princesses during our 2 day stay to not have to worry about spending the best part of 100 quid for three of us to have lunch?

Thanks

islandofsodor Mon 12-Oct-09 11:06:42

We didn't as the menu is very fancy and none of us would have eaten anything.

babblington Mon 12-Oct-09 11:20:33

yes, my 3 year old thought it was fab. Orlando, though.

TwoManyFallsAndYouGetABadScore Mon 12-Oct-09 11:21:55

mm, just looking at the menu. Can't imagine DD will eat any of it (apart from the pudding).

TwoManyFallsAndYouGetABadScore Mon 12-Oct-09 11:23:36

babbingtdon, did the princesses spend a lot of time with you?

I'm going on Wednesday as well. <waves> Haven't booked any lunches though.

stealthsquiggle Mon 12-Oct-09 11:26:25

The food was good - our DC ate most of it, but the little girl for whose benefit we were there didn't eat much - she was 4. We are going in a few weeks grin and DD (just 3) is very very into princesses, but I have vetoed indulgent Daddy's DH's suggestion of Auberge du Cendrillon for this year.

She will see princesses, in parades and generally wandering around - £100 (if you have it) would be better spent on princess tat souvenirs IMHO.

stealthsquiggle Mon 12-Oct-09 11:28:22

Princesses will each come and sign books / have photos taken, and the mice will dance with the DC - so yes they get a lot more time than they ever would out in the park, but if your 3yo DD is anything like mine she may well be too paralysed with shyness to take full advantage of the access to princesses.

FrightsMonth Mon 12-Oct-09 11:28:43

My sister did this. It was busy, food was not very good, and worst of all, you had to leave your table and queue up to meet the princesses. DN wanted to meet Sleeping Beauty, so they queued for half an hour, then the shifts changed, SB was replaced by Snow White. Waste of time and money.

Sorry.

stealthsquiggle Mon 12-Oct-09 11:30:08

shock, Frights - was that in Paris? It doesn't sound at all like our experience (in Paris) a couple of years ago.

TwoManyFallsAndYouGetABadScore Mon 12-Oct-09 11:31:37

stripey, how exciting. how are you getting there? We are flying from Bristol. It is at times like this we need a secret MN handshake grin

TwoManyFallsAndYouGetABadScore Mon 12-Oct-09 11:33:58

stealth, that is what I am a bit worried about. I sort of think that at 3 she will be so overcome by the whole experience that just being there and seeing the princesses etc in the parades will probably be enough. She isn't normally shy but at £100, its a bit risky!

TwoManyFallsAndYouGetABadScore Mon 12-Oct-09 11:35:12

oh, another question now i have you here. Do you need to pre-book the airport shuttle or can you jsut pay when you get on?

DorotheaPlentighoul Mon 12-Oct-09 11:35:49

I would save it for when she is a bit older and likely to remember it for a bit longer (as well as maybe being less likely to have a shyness moment).

stealthsquiggle Mon 12-Oct-09 11:38:36

Sorry - can't help on airport shuttles - we have always driven - DH having seen people waiting a lot longer than advertised whilst he got in a taxi (going to work conferences at DLP).

If it is your DD's first visit she will be totally enchanted by seeing princesses in parades, strolling around, etc - I would definitely save lunch with princesses until she is older IIWY.

owlandpussycat Mon 12-Oct-09 11:41:14

We did it last year in Orlando with dd, 14, and ds, 6. We all thught it was a magical experience. Both children became very tongue tied when eeting the princesses.

We met Jasmine, Belle, Ariel, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. Just asked dd and she said "totally cool can we go again!"

They all spent time chatting and we took lots of photos with them. We also got photos taken by the Disney photographer as part of the deal and they are out on display to see every day.

The waiting staff treated us with m'lord and m'lady and were into the whole thing.

It wasn't cheap but it's not the kind of thing we do every day so was well worth it for my perspective.

ps dd( now 15) who thinks she's very grown up, sitting watching Pocahontas right now!

FrightsMonth Mon 12-Oct-09 11:41:23

stealth - yes, last christmastime. Twas meant to be highlight of the trip sad

TwoManyFallsAndYouGetABadScore Mon 12-Oct-09 11:43:33

Thanks everyone, I think i will take her to the rainforest cafe or something instead and save us all a bit of money. Probably something to do when she is a little bit older.

FrightsMonth Mon 12-Oct-09 11:43:38

lots of positive comments here though so maybe it was a one off.

stealthsquiggle Mon 12-Oct-09 11:45:20

Don't get me started on Rainforest cafe - we found it noisy and annoying more than fun sad. Cafe Mickey was good, though - and DS loved Ludwig's.

TwoManyFallsAndYouGetABadScore Mon 12-Oct-09 11:48:52

Oh no! I suppose there are never any guarantees are there....

poorbuthappy Mon 12-Oct-09 11:53:32

Cafe Mickey was well worth it...dh was well pleased to meet Balu...
Rainforest cafe was a complete waste of money...food awful and if I recall correctly it was more expensive than cafe mickey! (might be wrong there though...)

We also did the wild west show which our 3 year old loved a lot...

babblington Mon 12-Oct-09 12:04:06

HOW MUCH??!! Certainly didn't pay 100£ in Orlando, and wouldn't do on principle.
But was great, and the princesses do stick around to chat and for photos.

islandofsodor Mon 12-Oct-09 12:07:21

Its French cordon bleu food if I remember correctly, hence very expensive.

We found Rainforest cafe very expensive and not half as good as London.

Cafe Mickey was well worth it for the breakfast. decent food and plenty of it and lots of characters.

AT our hotel every morning at certain times princesses and other characters came to visit and you qued up to see them.

TooManyFalls - we're driving/ferry. Taking the campervan and sleeping in the car park. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now