Talk

Advanced search

Where in Merseyside can I?

(9 Posts)
eltham Fri 09-Oct-09 13:41:53

Take my mum for a spa day?

And a lunchtime restaurant meal?
It's her birthday and I'd like to treat her.

Has anyone been anywhere good?

cissycharlton Fri 09-Oct-09 13:47:56

There's a very nice place in southport, the name of which escapes me but if you google I'm sure you'll find it.

Iklboo Fri 09-Oct-09 13:49:51

There's here.
I had the floatation tank experience and it was fantastic.

cissycharlton Fri 09-Oct-09 13:51:06

Found it! Portland hall.

mazzystartled Fri 09-Oct-09 13:55:57

There's a new spa at the country club in Formby, haven't been but meant to be great.

www.formbyhallgolfresort.co.uk/spa

you could have lunch there.

There are various quite post beauty salons on Rodney Street in Liverpool, and plenty of nice restaurants close by (London Carriageworks for eg).

In Crosby there is a place called the Little Day Spa that is owned by Steve Gerrards missus (or used to be), no pool or anything, but nice beauty treatments and there is a lovely restaurant called the Lemon Tree just down the road, or you could drive to The Courtyard in Little Crosby to eat with the Ladies Who Lunch

Pinkjenny Fri 09-Oct-09 13:57:24

I've been to the Little Day Spa. It is not at all luxurious, but a nice experience nonetheless.

mazzystartled Fri 09-Oct-09 14:03:04

Is it not? I've not been in. It't not a very glamorous location - and its more salon than spa, but it looks pretty. Were the treatments any good?

Pinkjenny Fri 09-Oct-09 14:08:45

They were OK - we had lunch, then a manicure and pedicure, a massage and a facial. Not bad at all. It's very odd though, loads of women sitting in what is effectively a beauty salon in white dressing gowns. Was fun though, my mum and I went and found the entire thing hilarious.

eltham Fri 09-Oct-09 16:10:57

Anywhere else? In my mind I hav the image of 'multisensory' showers, different 'rooms' (sauna, steam, ice, etc) - perhaps along lines of AquaSana at Centreparcs (for those of you who've been)...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now