Talk

Advanced search

Where to eat in Disney World?

(6 Posts)
LittleMarshmallow Thu 08-Oct-09 10:20:45

I am taking Ds on holiday in Dec to disney world, staying on site in the Old Key West. We have the disney dining plan which gives me one table service meal a day.

Ds has food allergies so I need to make all the dinner reservations before I go (this week in fact) and am looking for some ideas as where we should eat ?

Thanks

GreatGooglyMoogly Thu 08-Oct-09 10:41:29

We did the dining plan when we went to the Magic Kingdom in May last year. We did the character buffet breakfast at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary resort, sit-down lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom and BBQ skillet dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge resort. All were very good!

LittleMarshmallow Thu 08-Oct-09 10:53:57

Oh I like the idea of have the breakfast at Chef Mickey's will add that one to the list,

What kind of food was served at the Tree Tavern?

What did you do for other meals etc when you were there if you don't mind me asking?

GreatGooglyMoogly Thu 08-Oct-09 11:56:06

Menu for the Liberty Tree Tavern here, though I don't know if it still the same. I think DH had the pasta, which he loved and I had the Pilgrim's Feast which was fine. The chocolate brownie was lovely for pudding! Definitely make sure you are having lunch there, where you can order from the menu, as dinner is apparently a really bad buffet.

We were only there 2 days and 3 nights so were quite happy to use the rest of our dining plan on cold breakfasts, quick lunches, snacks and drinks from around the park and our resort. Many items are generous in size so we could share. We timed our Chef Mickey's breakfast to be the last time-slot of the morning so that we wouldn't need lunch that day!

oldraver Tue 13-Oct-09 00:58:25

Brilliant link there, GGM thanks

GreatGooglyMoogly Tue 13-Oct-09 17:46:31

No problem

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now