Talk

Advanced search

Anyone recommend a self-catering flat in Glasgow West End?

(10 Posts)
TheWorstWitch Wed 07-Oct-09 15:43:42

We're going up for New Year with DD who will be two and a half then.
Just don;t know where or how to start looking as have never done this before. (We normally stay with friends who now can't accommodate us because they have too many children and not enough room!)

We know that we want somewhere which doesn't involve too many flights of stairs to get to flat.

Or, if anyone interested in flat swap, we'll be leaving behind our two bed flat in north London grin

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 07-Oct-09 17:01:17

Have a look at some serviced apartments. All of the ones on the front page are good, but I'm not sure which would be closest to the West End as I'm more familiar with city centre.

squeaver Wed 07-Oct-09 17:04:52

From oldlady's link, these ones are the only ones in the West End.

And I used to work in that street which is very spooky (for me but deeply uninteresting for you, I'm sure).

TheWorstWitch Wed 07-Oct-09 17:20:54

Thanks, the Dreamhouse on Lynedoch looks lovely, but it will cost us £460 for 4 nights shock

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 07-Oct-09 17:25:49

Actually, I've been in the apartments at Lynedoch, but only a ground-floor one, so I can't remember if there are lifts and so on...

TheWorstWitch Fri 09-Oct-09 13:38:53

Have just booked in to here
Not as nice looking as the Dreamhouse on Lynedoch, but much cheaper.

Will be a trip down memory lane for DH and I too, as I used to live round the corner on Queen Margaret Drive smile

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 09-Oct-09 13:53:07

I stayed there once! It was upstairs, but there weren't too many; we managed to carry a guy in a wheelchair up them.

TheWorstWitch Fri 09-Oct-09 22:34:38

How funny, OldLady!
Yes, apparently there's only one flight of stairs to our huge apartment.
Did you find the apartment okay?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 10-Oct-09 13:08:16

I found it OK; it's on a side road next to the park. You check in at the hotel next door. But parking the car was difficult for a country girl; I had to parallel park! shock [used to several acres emoticon] grin

Actually what I remember most was that when I left in the morning, my friend suffered an epileptic seizure, because the day was so shiney and bright the sun reflecting off the white houses set him off. Had to get an ambulance and everything.

But I'm sure that has nothing to do with the apartment, which was lovely, btw.

brimfull Sat 10-Oct-09 13:18:50

I was going to recommend a lovely flat in hyndland but it's on the top floor-shame

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now