Talk

Advanced search

Quarteira near Vilamoura, Portugal

(5 Posts)
costagirl Mon 05-Oct-09 14:38:33

anyone been? Looking at an apartment there for next summer - but it's suspiciously cheaper than where we were this year (nearer Albufeira). Looks lovely but don't want to turn up and find Quarteira is a) a dump or b) Club 18-30 ish! Hope someone on here has been.

costagirl Mon 05-Oct-09 15:52:53

bump

SausageRocket Mon 05-Oct-09 15:56:27

Quarteira is nice enough. Vilamoura is fab but £££ compared to rest of that part of Algarve

We go to that area most years but we stay in Sao Bras which is about 15 mins from Quarteira. Sao Bras is very Portugeuse and not at all touristy (not many holiday makers go to that area).

costagirl Mon 05-Oct-09 16:05:52

OOh, thanks for that, i will see if Owner's Direct have anywhere in Sao Bras. I know Vilamoura is expensive, which is why I was dubious about £450 a week in apartment in Quarteira! We payed a lot more than that nearer Albufeira. Maybe high rise and hideous.

lottysmum Tue 06-Oct-09 14:16:29

We stayed in Vilamoura last October on the Villa Sol complex...lovely villa...expensive though!

We loved the Quarteria area....nice sandy beach ...lovely prom to walk along..... at the end of that bay we found a wonderful spot ....super restaurant on the beach in a small wooded area...you could have a drink and watch the children safely play.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now