Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

South of France/Spanish border coast - any suggestions for nice caravan/camping sites please?

(11 Posts)
TsarChasm Mon 05-Oct-09 09:32:17

Thinking of this region for next summer. Possibly in a caravan/chalet to rent on site or perhaps take our own tent. We've not decided which yet.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions from anyone who has been there.

Looking for a site near to the coast (nice beach!) - not necessarily right on it with good facilities that doesn't cost a massive amount.

Looked online and keep seeing 'Kawan' run sites but getting confused. Thanks!

Portofino Mon 05-Oct-09 09:35:27

We went with Siblu to Lac Des Reves near Montpellier. It was great. Currently debating whether to go back next year or not.

TsarChasm Mon 05-Oct-09 09:44:38

Thanks Portofinosmile. Did you use a caravan or take a tent? I will check out the site you mention.

We've not been so far before (with dc in tow) and are unsure about where to go. Looked at Perpignan area so far.

Portofino Mon 05-Oct-09 09:52:01

We had a mobile home. There's a mumsnet discount I think for next year. The site itself is lovely - very clean, with a wonderful pool area. And there is shed loads to do nearby. Montpellier is really interesting and there are funfairs, aquariums, huge sandy beaches, marinas with nice restaurants etc. Actually I don't know why I'm dithering about rebooking! grin

We were chatting to a couple who had spent a week at the Siblu La Carabasse sight - which is further down the coast. They said the facilities were great, but the restaurant staff were very inwelcoming about them taking dcs.

TsarChasm Mon 05-Oct-09 10:27:00

That does look lovely. Think we might be on a tighter budget but like the sound of the Montepellier area very much.

procrastinatingparent Mon 05-Oct-09 11:08:38

We loved Siblu La Carabasse - fantastic pool, and lovely beach. Budget was too tight to eat out so don't know about restaurants.

The flights cost £60 there and back for all of us and we got the campsite on clubcard points, so really quite a cheap holiday. DH (bargain hunter extraordinaire) chose it because it was only a short taxi ride from Beziers airport and therefore we didn't have to hire a car (very expensive for all of us). We did hire bikes instead, and we had a lovely time cycling around.

Portofino Mon 05-Oct-09 15:35:24

There were campsites down near the beach at Palavas les Flots. Easy taxi trip from Montpellier airport and near the bus route I think. Here

and here

There's a little train that runs into town.

FrightsMonth Mon 05-Oct-09 17:12:59

Is La Carabasse at Vias Plage? There are quite a few sites there, all handy for the beach,

procrastinatingparent Wed 07-Oct-09 14:02:13

Yes, La Carabasse is at Vias Plage and we did see lots of smaller campsites when we cycled to the beach. La Carabasse did have some noise issues, but the kids' clubs were excellent and as I said we loved the pool.

ladyhelen2 Wed 07-Oct-09 14:05:36

Le Brasilia, Canet Plage near Perpignan. We had a mobile home and there was a lovely pool and direct access to the beach. Also with a little train that runs in to the town.

Leslaki Wed 07-Oct-09 22:57:16

I'm looking at Le Bois du valmarie with Siblu which is near Perpignan. Lokks good but not been yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now