Talk

Advanced search

Need wise and inspired ideas about half term....

(5 Posts)
jenpet Fri 02-Oct-09 13:23:13

We live in France, DH does freelance work in the UK and is going to be in Peterborough from 19 October. I'm thinking it would be good to join him for the week after. Problem is we have no "base" to speak of so I'm looking for ideas for how to entertain DS1 (7) and DS2 (14 months) I haven't been any more inspired than centreparcs which is charging £1700 for 4 days shock Doesn't really matter where we are, or where we stay particularly, but close-ish to Peterborough, Nottingham or Hornchurch in Essex would be perfect. Things to do, places to see or stay any suggestions at all really, I'm so out of touch & haven't a clue where to start...

IWantCleanCarpets Fri 02-Oct-09 13:59:23

How about renting a cottage near Rutland Water/Oakham/Stamford?

anotherbook Fri 02-Oct-09 21:19:09

How about a featherdownfarm near Stamford.Or a self catering or bed and breakfast near Peterborough.

Things to do near here: Burghley house, Sacrewell farm, Barnwell country park, Nene Park,railway, soft play.

jenpet Sat 03-Oct-09 06:28:37

Thanks both of you. It's given me somewhere to start. anotherbook there are some interesting looking places there too, that's great!

IWantCleanCarpets Sat 03-Oct-09 10:00:03

I probably shouldn't mention it here but if you look at Netmums and go to the local area you are staying in (I've used Rutland as an example) there are good listings for things to do, play areas etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now