Talk

Advanced search

100mil liquids re: milk for flight

(7 Posts)
NiaElsie30 Thu 01-Oct-09 04:05:59

I wonder does anyone know what to do about taking feeds onto a flight to Spain via Easyjet? As you are not allowed more 100 mil of liquid I guess I take a couple of bottles on with me? Anyone done this? Any advice welcome.... Thanks

MamiBabi Thu 01-Oct-09 06:26:34

They are fine with baby milk - they will ask you to taste the milk in front of them when you are boarding to prove that it is milk, otherwise, no issues.

NiaElsie30 Thu 01-Oct-09 06:52:32

Thank you !

mumoverseas Thu 01-Oct-09 11:15:58

As MamiBabi says, baby milk (and food) is exempt from the 'volume' rule, ie you can take more than 100ml but they will possibly make you taste it. I bought a container from mothercare which has 3 compartments for formula so you can take a few empty bottles and mix up as you go. Most Boots airside also sell the cartons of SMA which is very handy although you have to buy them airside as you can't take them through security as they will make you open them.
It does really depend on the airport though. We flew through Heathrow 3 weeks ago long haul with baby milk, food etc and I had it all out ready to have to open the jars and test and they weren't the least bit interested in even looking at it.

NiaElsie30 Fri 02-Oct-09 03:29:05

Good idea to have it at the ready tho, thanks overseas

mumoverseas Fri 02-Oct-09 07:09:16

also, make sure you have the bottle ready for take off and landing to give baby a drink as this helps ease the pressure on their ears. With DD and DS I used to have them on my lap for take off and landing and latch them on when they were b/f and it definitely helped.

claudialyman Fri 02-Oct-09 08:55:12

if you hate tasting it (cant stand the stuff myself) we managed to get away without by splitting the milk into a few different bottles and filling each up to the 100ml mark

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now