Talk

Advanced search

Which portable DVD player for plane/car use please?

(5 Posts)
mrscactus Wed 30-Sep-09 21:52:12

We're off to Australia in a month or two with a 9 month old and a 2 years 9 month old. We did it when DS1 was 9 months and I know DS2 at the same age should be relatively easy to manage... but DS1 will be interesting!!
For travel when there and our own choice of DVDs on the plane I'm wondering about buying a portable DVD player?
Any recommendations?
Also are there any headphones out there that fit an almost 3 year old? (I know children's ones exist with the volume level restriction but I can only find them for 6+)
How long do they generally last before they need recharging?

Any guidance much appreciated!
Thank you

spiralqueen Wed 30-Sep-09 22:11:59

We have a Venturer 7" DVD player (with 2 screens)that attaches to the headrest with a velcro strap or will stand up on its own. Bought it for a car journey to France with our then 20mth old. It saved our sanity and kept DD entertained the whole time. We went for it because it didn't need headphones as DD was rather little but it did come with some, so I can't really answer the second part of your question. Would certainly recommend the venturer though.

silverfrog Wed 30-Sep-09 22:17:30

do you have an iPod?

we have this one.

you can play dvds on it, as well as plugging in your ipod - saves us taking loads of discs abroad as we put all the dds' stuff onto the ipod.

we recently used it on flights to/from Australia, and can thoroughly recommned.

mrscactus Wed 30-Sep-09 22:20:38

'fraid not silverfrog - we're just not that good on technology - am waiting for DS1 to grow up and educate us!!
Thanks for the recommendation spiralqueen. Guess we'll be using headphones - with the plane noise...

mrscactus Fri 02-Oct-09 22:29:59

Has anybody else got an recommendations re the DVD player or knowledge re headphones? I think I might have posted this in the wrong place so perhaps over the weekend will try a thread in 'Other STuff products'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now