Talk

Advanced search

I want to go to Barbados next May but am struggling - Thomson arent even listing for then

(10 Posts)
ilovegarlic Tue 29-Sep-09 11:52:50

its got me thinking that its the wrong time of the year to go thats why companies aret listing it?

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 29-Sep-09 11:58:23

May is the second month of the rainy season, however this doesn't usually affect Barbados too much.

Have you tried Virgin holidays?

ilovegarlic Tue 29-Sep-09 13:48:30

yes just looked at V but where I want tos tay is coming in at £4.5k!

pagwatch Tue 29-Sep-09 14:03:18

well it is expensive...

We are going in July which is towards the rainy season so you may find it a bit cheaper if you look around at that time. Christmas is the high season and most expensive if I remember rightly.
We have no choice about when we go as we are off to watch DS1 on cricket tour.

Some companies may not have booked places assuming that credit crunch will bite and that long haul may not sell.
We have a decent budget and there were loads of options for pricier holidays - so it may be that availability will depend on how much you can spend.
I am seeing my nice holiday lady later in the week so I can ask. She goes out there with Thomas Cook a lot - if she can recommend anything I will give you a shout

<<pag looks at bill for holiday and faints...>>

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 29-Sep-09 19:25:54

Where do you want to go and how many of you are there?

That kind of money used to buy us a week at Turtle Beach for four (DH, me and 2 DC) at October half term, all inclusive.

Pluginbaby Tue 29-Sep-09 19:30:25

Not many if any charter flights do Barbados anymore. Lots of routes cut.

You have to fly from London with BA or Virgin scheduled. The place is expensive fact, it cultivates exclusivity.

Best bet is Virgin, Thomas Cook signature, Kuoni or better still use a decent Independent Travel Agent who knows their stuff!

ilovegarlic Tue 29-Sep-09 21:11:50

want 2 weeks and was looking at Turtle Beach, just me, hub and ds age 5...will check out Thomas Cook

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 29-Sep-09 21:21:08

Well it will be more expensive because it's all inclusive. But if you're going to Turtle Beach you will only need one room - DS can sleep on the sofa bed. The rooms are plenty big enough for you all to have enough room for that.

isnowsoonenough Wed 30-Sep-09 13:41:19

Antigua, Verandah Resort all suite resort, all inclusive, Waterview Suite, 14 nights in May 2010: 2 adults and 1 child, includes BA flights £3699 Virign want over £4k

wheelsonthebus Fri 30-Oct-09 15:53:37

i think Virgin has got really expensive. I costed a holiday to Barbados with them (we have been there with them before and thought they were good value - and their reps/excursions are good) and it was appallingly expensive. Not 2010 sadly sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now