Talk

Advanced search

passport question

(15 Posts)
whymummy Tue 07-Jun-05 16:53:29

hi
we're off to madeira next week for 4 days and dd's passport expires in august, i've just been told by a friend that she needs at least 6 months left on the passport to travel,anyone know about this or where i can check it out?
thank you

starlover Tue 07-Jun-05 16:55:05

yes, it's true... someone else on here having the same problem!

Tinker Tue 07-Jun-05 16:56:02

Read that as well on here whymummy but we went to Rome in Feb and daughter's passport expired in April - had no problems. Suppose you'd best chcek though.

Mosschops30 Tue 07-Jun-05 16:57:40

Message withdrawn

whymummy Tue 07-Jun-05 17:01:32

thanks tinker, starlover and mosschops i have to wait for dh to come home,his mobile is off, so he can tell me wich travel agent he booked the holiday from

Easy Tue 07-Jun-05 17:06:15

I should ask at the post-office if you are near one. They are supposed to know about these things now.

Mosschops30 Tue 07-Jun-05 17:07:02

Message withdrawn

Mosschops30 Tue 07-Jun-05 17:08:12

Message withdrawn

gingerbear Tue 07-Jun-05 17:10:43

hola whymummy! Check the Portugese/ Madeira embassy website. I had a similar problem when I travelled to Spain two years ago, only one month left on passport, but I was fine.

whymummy Tue 07-Jun-05 17:25:37

ah thank you,i will,we booked with lastminute but i've just been to their website and i can't see a number,maybe cos i'm paniking,i'm off to the embassy,i don't trust the travel agents once dh booked my ticket with my married name when i still have my maiden name on the passport,the travel agents said it was ok when i phoned them but i spent nearly an hour in gatwick trying to convince them that it was me and i was the mother of my children,the whole plane waited for me and i got lots of dirty looks,lol

whymummy Tue 07-Jun-05 17:42:36

grrrrrrrrrrrrr the embassy is now closed and my internet connection is dead slow

whymummy Tue 07-Jun-05 21:28:33

ok,i found lots of information on thisistravel.co.uk and it says you need 3 months left on your passport for portugal,dd's will be exactly 2 months so i will phone the embassy tomorrow just in case and if they say no i will run to the post office and get things moving to get her a new passport ASAP
thanks everyone

whymummy Wed 08-Jun-05 09:36:33

ok,i've just phoned the portuguese tourist information office and they said is ok to travel as we're coming back before it expires,phew!!
thanks again everyone

gingerbear Wed 08-Jun-05 10:34:13

De Nada!!
Hope you enjoy Madeira. xx

whymummy Wed 08-Jun-05 11:04:33

y tu españa oso de jengibre

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: