Talk

Advanced search

passport question

(15 Posts)
whymummy Tue 07-Jun-05 16:53:29

hi
we're off to madeira next week for 4 days and dd's passport expires in august, i've just been told by a friend that she needs at least 6 months left on the passport to travel,anyone know about this or where i can check it out?
thank you

starlover Tue 07-Jun-05 16:55:05

yes, it's true... someone else on here having the same problem!

Tinker Tue 07-Jun-05 16:56:02

Read that as well on here whymummy but we went to Rome in Feb and daughter's passport expired in April - had no problems. Suppose you'd best chcek though.

Mosschops30 Tue 07-Jun-05 16:57:40

Message withdrawn

whymummy Tue 07-Jun-05 17:01:32

thanks tinker, starlover and mosschops i have to wait for dh to come home,his mobile is off, so he can tell me wich travel agent he booked the holiday from

Easy Tue 07-Jun-05 17:06:15

I should ask at the post-office if you are near one. They are supposed to know about these things now.

Mosschops30 Tue 07-Jun-05 17:07:02

Message withdrawn

Mosschops30 Tue 07-Jun-05 17:08:12

Message withdrawn

gingerbear Tue 07-Jun-05 17:10:43

hola whymummy! Check the Portugese/ Madeira embassy website. I had a similar problem when I travelled to Spain two years ago, only one month left on passport, but I was fine.

whymummy Tue 07-Jun-05 17:25:37

ah thank you,i will,we booked with lastminute but i've just been to their website and i can't see a number,maybe cos i'm paniking,i'm off to the embassy,i don't trust the travel agents once dh booked my ticket with my married name when i still have my maiden name on the passport,the travel agents said it was ok when i phoned them but i spent nearly an hour in gatwick trying to convince them that it was me and i was the mother of my children,the whole plane waited for me and i got lots of dirty looks,lol

whymummy Tue 07-Jun-05 17:42:36

grrrrrrrrrrrrr the embassy is now closed and my internet connection is dead slow

whymummy Tue 07-Jun-05 21:28:33

ok,i found lots of information on thisistravel.co.uk and it says you need 3 months left on your passport for portugal,dd's will be exactly 2 months so i will phone the embassy tomorrow just in case and if they say no i will run to the post office and get things moving to get her a new passport ASAP
thanks everyone

whymummy Wed 08-Jun-05 09:36:33

ok,i've just phoned the portuguese tourist information office and they said is ok to travel as we're coming back before it expires,phew!!
thanks again everyone

gingerbear Wed 08-Jun-05 10:34:13

De Nada!!
Hope you enjoy Madeira. xx

whymummy Wed 08-Jun-05 11:04:33

y tu españa oso de jengibre

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now