Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

packing - how many shorts/trousers/tops etc??

(12 Posts)
ilovetochat Sat 26-Sep-09 15:25:17

going for a week in Majorca and then a weeks (casual) cruise round Med.
has anyone got time to give me a rough list of clothes i need? please smile

CNyle Sat 26-Sep-09 15:25:45

ilovetochat Sat 26-Sep-09 15:39:12

hmm

poppy34 Sat 26-Sep-09 15:53:08

Do you mind handwashing/ getting stuff washed? That makes a difference - also have you got any skirts shorts trousers that go with more than one top. As a rule I take more tops that match bottoms and a selection of evening stuff.

Would also take more on this type of thing as will be sightseeing may want trousers or skirt for that rather than throw on beach stuff. Also as it's getting cooler may need light jumpers - where are you going in the med?

MrsBadger Sat 26-Sep-09 15:56:37

yy get laundry done before leaving Mallorca so you only need pack for a week

if you are over 25 and/or more than a 12 you shouldn't really be wearing shorts at all.

tops should go with as many bottoms as possible and vice versa

even though cruise is casual you will need nice things (eg skirts, cotton dresses) to wear for dinner

ilovetochat Sat 26-Sep-09 17:13:21

dont mind hand washing and may get wash done end of first week yes.
im 31 size 10/12, surely shorts ok for going to beach etc.
tunisia, france, spain and italy.
i have put out;
jeans, cream 3/4 trousers and cream trousers.
2 bikinis
5 shorts
7 tops for day
7 tops for night (can mix and match)

do i need
have got 2 nice skirts i could take- pink and white
have got a beige cardigan
have got more tops
have got a black and white dress

or have i got enough??
thanks
smile

MrsBadger Sat 26-Sep-09 19:34:04

skirts way more flattering than shorts for most ages and shapes and are really only for beach - not suitable for sightseeing, restaurants etc IMO

jeans pointless - heavy to carry, hot to wear. Take another pair of light trous instead.

Replace one evening top with the dress - in fact evening tops should do more thna one day unless you are v messy eater
Take both skirts and fewer shorts

so
3 trous
7 day tops
4 evening tops
1 dress
2 shorts if you really must
2 skirts
2 cardis/jumpers/wraps - will be chilly in evenings

and that should include the things you travel in

3 pairs shoes max

ilovetochat Sat 26-Sep-09 20:11:13

ok thanks, will take dress as its really lightweight, skirts are nice for evenings but would look daft sightseeing in them imo. will reduce night tops.
what would i wear to got to breakfast over bikini if not shorts? i dont have summery floaty skirts.
think i may need to buy extra cardi.
aaagh.

dd (2) has 2 sunsuits, sunhat, sunglasses, 4 shorts, 4 t-shirts and 3 summer tops for the days and 2 leggings and tunic tops, 2 dresses and 2 trousers and tops for the nights and 1 posh party dress. cheap jelly shoes for beach and normal shoes.

jkklpu Sat 26-Sep-09 20:13:04

Agree with those who advise against taking too much. Take a copy of your travel insurance policy along with you just in case you need it for any reason. And do you have your EHIC cards?

MrsBadger Sat 26-Sep-09 20:49:48

you go to breakfast in shorts and a bikini top?
ignore all my suggestions then, I am not envisaging the same holiday as you

CNyle Sat 26-Sep-09 20:50:21

oh fgs
what a stupid thread
how the fuck do we know how many t shirts you need

you are an adult go adn work it out

ilovetochat Sat 26-Sep-09 20:53:55

thanks jklppu, yes we have the health cards and will take travel insurance doc. trying to limit packing as dds stuff will be in with mine. smile
mrs badger, no i wear shorts and a top over my bikini to breakfast in the past, not just my bikini top grin i dont think theyd let me in.
CNyle - again i repeat to you hmm hmm hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now