Talk

Advanced search

wheres not expensive on Tuscan coast?

(9 Posts)
beezmum Fri 25-Sep-09 12:31:52

I'm trying to plan a two family holiday in Italy on the Tuscan coast but the web sites I find have such expensive holiday lets - way way more than UK prices. I'm used to France and finding things a bit cheaper even with the exchange rate. Any suggestions of locatins or villas. Either two next door or one big one. Cheers!

IWantCleanCarpets Fri 25-Sep-09 12:40:34

Why not try Le Marche on the adriatic coast, a lovely region and quieter than Tuscany?

minervaitalica Mon 28-Sep-09 16:09:58

I am sorry but if you want a cheap holiday Tuscany is a no-no - it's a bit like trying to find a cheap house in Saint Tropez or Cap Ferrat.

The Adriatic Coast is cheaper throughout, partly because it is very touristy - think the Costas.

Otherwise you can try the Southern regions - Calabria or Sicily. There are also a couple of cheaper sites in Liguria, but you need to stay away from the more expensive resorts (you could try Laigueglia)

IWantCleanCarpets Mon 28-Sep-09 18:08:11

......inland Le Marche is lovely though.......

beezmum Wed 30-Sep-09 16:31:35

Thankyou - your comments help explain what I was finding. Will look into Le Marche etc

IWantCleanCarpets Wed 30-Sep-09 18:57:22

In terms of Le Marche I have stayed here, very isolated (long way down a white road & rough drive) with views to die for. Also have kept this and this saved on my favourites for possible future trips.

vinblanc Fri 02-Oct-09 22:13:36

I don't know how expensive it is, but I spent a summer as a teen at Fortei dei Marmi. It was a lovely place - day at the beach, evening in the piazza.

Elba is pretty nice too.

Leslaki Sat 03-Oct-09 22:13:46

You could look at campsites!! The mobile homes are great and plenty for kids to do. Selectcamp are the cheapest I've found.

Rindercella Sat 03-Oct-09 22:23:05

Forte di Marni must be one of the most expensive places on the Tuscany coast if my memory serves me well!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: