Talk

Advanced search

Can any Dorset types point me in the direction of good stuff for 2.8 yos near Lulworth Cove?

(17 Posts)
CountessDracula Mon 06-Jun-05 17:16:32

Am going there for a long weekend and want to take dd to some places - have identified Monkey World (which I will love too!) - is that good?

Any other recommendations gratefully rec'd

Thanks

JoolsToo Mon 06-Jun-05 17:18:43

Bovington Tank Museum - this is from memory so forgive me - I think its in the vicinity - if you have boys (or even girls!) they'll love it - there are other places around (where exactly escapes me!) where you can watch the tanks firing - very exciting

Enid Mon 06-Jun-05 17:19:10

a must:

\link{http://www.abbotsbury-tourism.co.uk/Abbotsbury}

Enid Mon 06-Jun-05 17:19:30

abbotsbury

Enid Mon 06-Jun-05 17:20:28

all the things are really good, including the gardens, which has a very enticing gift shop

JoolsToo Mon 06-Jun-05 17:20:43

read the post properly Jools

girls like tanks too but maybe not at 2.8 yo!

Enid Mon 06-Jun-05 17:20:47

how old is dd

Enid Mon 06-Jun-05 17:21:31

der sorry

Burton Bradstock beach is lovely and the HIve beach cafe is gorgeous open for food from 12-2 and cakes and coffee until 4

tomasinatank Mon 06-Jun-05 17:22:43

monkey world is fab imo. A full day out - weather permitting - as there are loads of playground activities aswell scattered around.

Farmer palmers is OK (near sandford just outseide of Poole)

Blue Pool is beatiful for a morning or afternoon walk and cream tea - stunning in fact. Thatis near corfe castle (sort of)

Honeybrook Farm near wimborne is great for young kids

Lulworth for a walk, sit on the beach and there is a castle there

trying to think of more.......

redsky Mon 06-Jun-05 17:23:13

monkey world has been a fave with my children.

Enid Mon 06-Jun-05 17:23:13

lovely cafe

tomasinatank Mon 06-Jun-05 17:24:21

Kingston MAurward near Dorchester is fantastic imo - they have a little animal farm where you can stroke the lambs, baby goats etc ect and the grounds around the lake and house are stunning for a walk and a picnic

Kittypickle Mon 06-Jun-05 17:32:18

Definitely Abbotsbury, the swans should be hatching round about now if you're going soon and agree about Monkey World. Farmer Palmers is pretty good if it rains as there's an indoor play bit and several other barns. Studland is lovely. There's a nice pub just outside of Corfe village up a hill, the Scotsman I think it is with a garden to sit out in with a lovely view over Purbeck. Think it would be too far as it's by Bournemouth Airport but my DD loved Alice in Wonderland park at that age and that also now has a new indoor play thing.

MRSflamesparrow Mon 06-Jun-05 17:37:11

Yup for all the suggestions... Not sure where Longdown Dairy Farm is, but I used to love that when I was growing up.

My DD is only 2 Jtoo, and she would love tanks!!

CountessDracula Mon 06-Jun-05 17:40:36

Wow thanks amazing response!

Knew I could rely on mn

SPARKLER1 Mon 06-Jun-05 17:42:59

Putlake Farm near Swanage is great fun and they have a new indoor play area now. Monkey world is great fun too but be prepared for lots of walking there. Sealife Centre in Weymouth. Also agree with Honeybrook and Farmer Palmers.

tomasinatank Mon 06-Jun-05 17:46:50

Brownsea Island - Poole. If you want to take a boat trip

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: