Talk

Advanced search

Airport Bliss - Childrens Suitcases

(17 Posts)
izz2009 Tue 22-Sep-09 10:00:16

Looking at things to buy to keep the children happy at the airport and found these childrens suitaces.

Click Here to have a look - they look so cute

I remembered seeing them a little while ago and thought they'd be great to:
1) keep their colouring stuff, teddy, etc in to keep them occupied
2) for them to play on in the aiport (tire them out before the flight) - sorry everyone in advance!!

ilove Tue 22-Sep-09 10:14:11

They are really cute!

drivinmecrazy Tue 22-Sep-09 10:18:28

We have had our trunkis for two years and they are fantastic for the airport, can actually pile quite a few things in. Only thing I would say is they are a little bit awkward to get things out of on the plane. OK if you get it all out before take off, but a real pain in the bum if you have to get it down mid flight to get something out. My kids often have races while waiting for the flight, and even join other trunki kids for whizzes around the terminal. (great fun as a ride on at home too)

Sourdough Tue 22-Sep-09 10:32:05

I could not have done without Trunki for the past 3 years. All those long walks through terminals are SO much easier now. Shame DD2 will soon have outgrown hers. Couldn't praise highly enough.

mrscactus Wed 30-Sep-09 21:38:51

AM taking off for Oz at the end of the year with a 2 3/4 year old and have 6 hours in HK airport to amuse him... what age do you think the suitcases are good for?

Hulababy Wed 30-Sep-09 21:45:05

I think Trunkis are fab. I saw the new Gruffalo Trunki in John lewis today. I want one, lol!

DD, at 7, is too old to buy one for. She isn't happy and wants to know why they don't make a bigger version!

MrsCactus - a 2-3yo would definitely love it! DD enjoys it when her friends have theirs at the airport and gets chance to have a go.

Hulababy Wed 30-Sep-09 21:46:24

I think Trunkis are fab. I saw the new Gruffalo Trunki in John lewis today. I want one, lol!

DD, at 7, is too old to buy one for. She isn't happy and wants to know why they don't make a bigger version!

MrsCactus - a 2-3yo would definitely love it! DD enjoys it when her friends have theirs at the airport and gets chance to have a go.

hazlinh Thu 01-Oct-09 10:14:36

how much are they?

overmydeadbody Thu 01-Oct-09 10:18:34

God DS would love one of those.

I can't see a price anywhere. That's usually a bad sign and means they're expensive (not that I'd get one anyway)

ministryofsleep Thu 01-Oct-09 10:27:37

think they are aroud £30 - DS1 has had his for about 2 years now and loves it - agree it makes long walks in airports with little ones a doddle. DS2 is almost 2 and thinking about getting him one for Christmas as well - think I might have to check out the Gruffalo one grin

spicemonster Thu 01-Oct-09 10:36:46

Ooh I might get my DS one for xmas. Not that we have any plans for going to airports any time soon but he does love to have his own bag

mumof2222222222222222boys Thu 01-Oct-09 10:49:44

this thread has cost me £80.

Love the Gruffallo (£40 on line) one - the boys are going to have an early Xmas pressie as we're flying at half term.

mumoverseas Thu 01-Oct-09 11:12:31

They are brilliant, DD2 (aged 3 today and sadly still has the terrible twos) has had one for the last year or so and loves it. She actually was playing with it this morning and said we have to buy one for her brother. He is only 7 months so we've persuaded her we should wait until he can walk.

They are a brilliant invention. I think I read somewhere the inventor went on Dragons Den with them but they weren't interested. Bet they are kicking themselves now.

izz2009 Thu 01-Oct-09 14:49:50

Yeah, they seem to range from around £29.

Just had a look at the Gruffalo, love him : )) He's a little bit more but then it's new/limited edition.

izz2009 Tue 27-Oct-09 08:33:40

I remembered making this post so thought i'd let you know I've just seen a trunki (terrance trunki) for £22.49 if anyone is interested:

Click here if you're interested

I bought the Gruffalo in the end. Couldn't resist. Thought I'd wrap it up for christmas, and fill it with lots of smaller/stocking filler type presents for christmas.

anniemac Wed 28-Oct-09 11:56:39

Message withdrawn

anniemac Wed 28-Oct-09 11:57:34

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now