Talk

Advanced search

packing for toddler?

(5 Posts)
ilovetochat Mon 21-Sep-09 21:34:57

dd is 2.2 so gets her own seat and luggage allowance. but as she wont be able to carry any luggage is it worth taking separate luggage for her?
shouls we just try and squeeze er stuff in with ours within the limit and taker her own hand luggage?
i cant imagine how we would carry 3 suitcases, 3 hand luggages and a buggy and dd if she is tired/playing up.
help!!

nappyzonecantrunfortoffee Mon 21-Sep-09 21:36:59

We just crammed all ours in 2 cases - allowannce was 20 i think for us and kids each so we checked ok to pool our luggage allowances as some airlines dont allow you to so worth checking. Ours were ok too provided it didnt go over 30 as thats the health and safety limit.

ilovetochat Mon 21-Sep-09 21:59:37

checked and cannot pool luggage allowance so 23kg each. will just have to take mimimum i suppose.

Whereabouts on the journey are you worried about juggling 3 lots of suitcases? I would imagine you'll be able to get airport trolleys wherever you are heading to. A normal Gatwick one will take 4 suitcases, a car seat and a rucksack if that's any help. DH pushed the trolley and I had DD in the buggy with my handbag and her little suitcase on wheels. No problems.

ilovetochat Thu 24-Sep-09 14:03:55

i suppose from the parking onto the shuttle bus into the airport and also when we transfer from hotel to ship i assume we have to move our own luggage. have got out a small suitcase for dd but im hoping to squeeze it into our 2 cases.
a small wheeled bag for dds handluggage might be an idea though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now