Talk

Advanced search

Long Haul flight with egg allergic 18 month old... Can we take piriton syrup on board??

(6 Posts)
Paranoid1stTimer Mon 21-Sep-09 15:52:54

LO is not diagnosed with egg allergy as they did not want to test him and he has a fairly typical reaction that is helped by a dose of Piriton syrup.

Only thing is, I am worried about not being allowed to take the Piriton on board since it is liquid and over 100ml..

Any ideas??? I don't want an allergic reaction in the midst of a 14 hr flight if he gets a whiff of egg.....

Thanks

LilRedWG Mon 21-Sep-09 15:55:52

Medicines are allowed I think. Call the airline to check. Failing that, get a GP's letter or decant into a smaller bottle.

buttercreamfrosting Mon 21-Sep-09 15:56:00

I believe medicine for babies is allowed. I always take motion sickness meds for one of my dc when I go long haul. I put it in the clear plastic bags and never have any trouble.

LilRedWG Mon 21-Sep-09 15:56:23

Or tip all but 100ml out of bottle.

CMOTdibbler Mon 21-Sep-09 16:27:41

You can take it if it is a medicine. Get your GP to prescribe some so that it has the prescription labels on so there is no arguements at all

EldonAve Mon 21-Sep-09 16:32:50

Yes you can take it but it needs to have the prescription labels on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now