Talk

Advanced search

Bottle feeding in Turkey

(4 Posts)
Jill32 Sun 20-Sep-09 09:07:16

Can anyone give me any advice? I'm taking my 14 weeks old baby to Lara Beach in Turkey. Has anyone got any experiance with taking such youg babies to Turkey? I'm worried as he is too young for the Hep A vaccine?

Nefret Mon 21-Sep-09 10:45:41

I first took my baby out to live in Turkey when she was 8 weeks old. She was fine, I had no problems with her over there. She had all her vaccinations done whilst we were there but she didn't have Hep A as they don't give that until they are 2. As he will only be having milk I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I can't help you with the bottle feeding really as I bf my dd. I know you can't get the same variety of formula milk there though and some of it can be quite expensive so you would do best to bring your own. You can sterlilise with cold water an sterilising tablets if you like, that's what I used to do but bring your own tablets.

You can get nappies and they are about the same price as the Uk for Pampers (they are called Prima there), or you can use Turksih brands, which are a bit cheaper - Molfix, Canbaby and Evy baby are all good makes. You can get baby wipes but bring your own nappy sacks as I never found those there (I used to use those small plastic bags you get at the furit and veg section in the supermarket!)

Make sure you take plenty of high factor baby sun cream, a hat and a canopy for the buggy (those umbrella things don't give enough shade). I also used to give my baby cooled boiled water to drink when it was very hot as she got thirsty.

If there is anything else I can help with just ask.

Nefret x

mrsfossil Mon 21-Sep-09 19:51:58

Hi we are off to Turkey next month our dd will be 6 mnths. No one at the travel agent has mentioned Hep a injection. We will be taking sterilising tablets as she has 1 bottle a day (i bf all other feeds) Is the tap water ok when boiled or is it best to use bottled water?

Nefret Tue 22-Sep-09 10:44:11

Best to use bottled water. the tap water is ok for drinking but it has a high mineral content that could upset your baby's tummy. I always drink bottled water in Turkey too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now