Talk

Advanced search

mark warner/neilson/other resorts with kids clubs

(11 Posts)
katherine2008 Thu 17-Sep-09 19:45:59

hi, does anyone have any experience of mark warner hotels or Neilson or any recommendations for european resorts with a good kids club for a toddler? any advice gratefully appreciated... not sure where to book, what to do etc etc, and looking for a bargain, obviously! thank you!!!

Katymac Thu 17-Sep-09 20:47:55

We did Mark Warner in Abu Soma which was lovely but I felt a bit out of place (I'm not quite that posh)

Did Neilson twice in Dahab & I loved it

DD is older but as a childcarer I was impressed with both holidays as I had a nose at the nurserynurses/nannys

GrimmaTheNome Thu 17-Sep-09 20:54:03

If anyone has experience of these clubs with older kids (mine will be 11 next year) wanting to do some sailing I'd love to know that too... (hope I'm not hijacking...just tagging on when I saw the names)

Katymac Thu 17-Sep-09 21:01:02

DD was 11 last time at Neilson - we paid for the sailing/windsurfing club as DD is a keen sailor

She loved it - she was on the go constantly

I let her sign for her own drinks/lunches which she didn't abuse - she was proud of being independent & the carers were amazed at what DD ate.

katherine2008 Thu 17-Sep-09 21:25:17

I'm worried that Egypt is too far to travel and too hot for her first trip abroad... having been to Taba and roasted.. so was looking for anyone who'd done Europe - are any resorts better than others?....

Katymac Thu 17-Sep-09 21:29:59

Sorry only did Egypt - we went in December so the temp was lovely

GrimmaTheNome Fri 18-Sep-09 09:32:13

Thanks Katy - my DD hasn't yet learned to sail so I guess it would be premature to do the extra 'Hot Shots' thing this time but it sounds good!

janinlondon Fri 18-Sep-09 12:39:37

We've done Warner Sunsail and Neilson. We felt Neilson were far superior, and have now been three times to their Greek beachplus clubs. DD is 9 and adores them. Has learnt to sail, windsurf, and waterski with Neilson, and that was just in the standard kids clubs (the ones that are included in the price). If you do decide on Neilson, there are pros and cons for the different hotels for different ages - would be happy to elaborate if anyone wants me to.

GrimmaTheNome Fri 18-Sep-09 12:42:14

Yes please Jan!

Also - what time of year did you go and how was the weather (temp and wind, of course!). We don't like it too hot so tend to be wary of Greece in summer but that limits it to may half-term really.

janinlondon Fri 18-Sep-09 12:53:38

GTN we go in July and August, and yes, it is very VERY hot then. Beachplus rooms all have aircon I think. May half term probably much cooler. The advantages of the different resorts in a nutshell: Lemnos has an incredibly short transfer - great for kids who get car sick - and massive pool. Lesvos has long transfer but some very large family rooms in the hillside section, and a truly gorgeous local town. Halkidiki has a beautiful hotel - very high standard - and the kids clubs rooms are lovely. Sivota has great views - but lots of steps - very little wind so good for waterskiing. If there's something specific you were wondering, ask away.

katherine2008 Tue 22-Sep-09 22:15:08

really useful for us for next year so thank you!! we'll put Neilson to the top of the list...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now