Talk

Advanced search

Flying alone with 3 children under age 8 - are you allowed?

(6 Posts)
Noodleboo Tue 15-Sep-09 12:03:31

My DH is off on a canoeing trip next July and I was planning to join him with our three children - aged 7,5 and 7 months at that time. Another mum has said that you are not allowed alone with 3 children under a certain age but can't seem to find out if this is true on google. Any ideas?

hohummum Tue 15-Sep-09 12:04:51

Good god I've been on a plane with a mother who had 5 children with her grin Never heard of that myself.

sweetnitanitro Tue 15-Sep-09 12:08:42

I think it might depend on the airline, I would drop them an email and find out what their policy is.

Bucharest Tue 15-Sep-09 12:12:16

Maybe she's thinking of swimming pools?
Weird world we live in, innit, where you can take 3 children half way across the world on your own, but not down to the local baths....

MaggieW Tue 15-Sep-09 16:10:16

Think it applies when the kids are very youg, don't have their own seats and need a lap to sit on. But agree with sweetnitanitro, have a look on the airline's website or phone them to find out more.

Hando Tue 15-Sep-09 18:14:58

You cannot fly with more than 1 infant (under 2's) per adult. Tehre is no limit to how many kids you can take with you once they have their own seats.

So you are allowed but have to be a little bit brave!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now