Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Probably very silly question BUT....

(5 Posts)
peckarollover Sat 04-Jun-05 09:21:01

Can anyone give me a getting ready to go on holiday list?

I seem to be incapable of independant thought at the moment. have so much going on and cant think.

I have just realised its DP's stag weekend next weekend, weekend after that we are at a party, weekend after that we go on holiday, weekend after that is my hen night, weekend after that is the wedding!

Im nearly done with the wedding stuff but still bits and pieces to do. Havent even thought about the holiday yet and havent been on holiday for 10 years so cant even remember what I need.

Also trying to sort everything out with insurance company for my burnt out car and remortgaging and my head is mush.

A list I could print out and tick would be great.

SecondhandRose Sat 04-Jun-05 09:26:14

How old are the kids? Where are you going? Are you flying? How long are you going for?

peckarollover Sat 04-Jun-05 09:31:05

Kids are 5 and 21 months. We are going to Alcudia in Majorca for one week flying from newcastle. 2.5 hour flight then 90 minute transfer.

SecondhandRose Sat 04-Jun-05 09:49:00

First aid kit, scissors, plasters, tweezers, sting relief, Savlon, Calpol sachets, parent pain killers. Make sure you put it in the case or customs will take the scissors off you.

Buy a cheap small paddling pool to take to the beach, fill with water and keep by your side so 21 month old doesn't keep wandering off into water.

Magazines are always expensive abroad so get a good stock and put them at the bottom of the case so you don't touch them till you get there.

Are you self-catering? If so I'd take my spray oil for cooking, favourite cereal, cool bag with the first day's milk, cheddar & maybe some bacon.
Fruit winders, Pringles general snacks the kids like.

Small blanket for the 21 month old for the buggy in the evening or during the day to keep the sun off. Sun protection. Wet wipes. Nappies you can buy there but take enough for the first few days.

Sunglasses
Books
Pool Towels
Lightweight jacket for cool evenings

Couple of favourite toys & books.

loulabelle222 Sat 04-Jun-05 10:42:34

don't forget the suncream!!!!!!!! .. big t-shirts for children on the beach.. some food (snacks,sandwiches) and a few of favourite toys for the aeroplane!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now