Talk

Advanced search

Venice for 1 night

(4 Posts)
woozlet Sat 12-Sep-09 20:26:31

Am having a bit of a nightmare trying to get a hotel booked for 1 night next april in Venice, have had 5 recommendations but each of these hotels have to be booked for 2+ nights, I have not heard of this before.

It's a long shot but does anyone know of a good hotel in Venice that can be booked for just the 1 night??

MrsShrekTheThird Sat 12-Sep-09 20:29:07

well, seein as we have had the same ishhooo, we should pray that our dates match and book two - just use one each grinhmm grin

minervaitalica Tue 15-Sep-09 08:14:24

Well, due to bank hols April can be considered "high season" in Venice hence the min 2 nights requirement. The only places which may not require the 2 nights min are probably at the cheaper end of the mkt, like hostels and 1 star places with shared bathrooms (is that an option or are you looking for sth better?). I stayed at one such place a few years ago called Hotel Noemi - it was very basic but was clean; I did stay for 2 nights though so I am not sure re: the requirements.

The other option is not staying in Venice at all (nightlife is not great there anyway, and hotels very expensive for what you get) - could you decamp to the mainland for that night? Mestre is only a 10 mins train ride, and if you can go a bit further (25 mins train ride) Padua could also be an option (the latter is a vastly nicer town than Mestre, BTW). If you tell me a bit better what you are doing I may be able to suggest other solutions...

Rosa Thu 17-Sep-09 20:32:07

ARe you sorted ?..I live here so might be able to point you at a few more places or try venere.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now