Talk

Advanced search

Centre Parcs Longleat

(12 Posts)
BristolIrishGirl Fri 11-Sep-09 14:38:25

We are going to Centre Parcs in Longleat for 4 nights at the beginning of November with our 1 and 3 year old DD's. This will be our first experience of Centre Parcs, but given we live close by, we are hoping that it is something we will want to repeat!

Any tips for a first timer? From the website, we were looking at the Teddy Bears Picnic and Painting for DD1; the Humpty Dumpty show for both DD's and possibly the evening spa for us, courtesy of a baby sitter. Also fancy getting a baby sitter so that we can go out for dinner one evening - any restaurant recommendations?

ComeOVeneer Fri 11-Sep-09 14:40:02

Resturaunts are overpriced and pretty uninspiring imo.

LilRedWG Fri 11-Sep-09 14:41:40

The spa is lovely!

BristolIrishGirl Fri 11-Sep-09 14:43:31

That's what I'm looking forward to!

preciouslillywhite Fri 11-Sep-09 14:45:38

If other CPs are anything to go by, the restaurants are shite...

Just sneak off into the woods with some booze and a Ginster's pasty wink

blametheparents Fri 11-Sep-09 14:46:46

I would agree that the restaurants are quite uninspiring. Enjoyed Strada, though it did not offer anything spectacular.
Spa is lovely though.
We have used babysitters in the past at Center Parcs and have been pleased with being able to escape for the evening on our own blush
We actually went swimming once on our own so that we could do the flumes together and escape from the children's area!

BristolIrishGirl Fri 11-Sep-09 14:54:29

Yep - we were thinking about escaping to the pool as well . But the restaurants aren't sounding the best hmm

GrungeBlobPrimpants Fri 11-Sep-09 14:57:12

I wouldn't rave about the restaurants BUT the Indian one is very good - can't remember if there's one at Longleat or not.

I'm not into spas but I'm told the Longleat one is v good

Tip: Bring your own food beforehand rather than shop at the Parcmarket

PDR Fri 11-Sep-09 23:15:24

We go there 2/3 times a year and we love it there!

We have been twice with our DS now 16 months and it's great. Used the babysitters in the evening to go to spa/pool/dinner and always very professional and had no worries at all.

Also used the bumblebees creche and would highly recommend. Staff were very kind and still remember my DS from one visit to the next!

I think the restaurants are fine TBH. We don't leave DS much so any chance for some adult time is welcomed but I would say they are overpriced.

The spa is lovely with lots of different "experiences" - I often just fall asleep on the water bed thingys! The treatments are great and no more expensive than hotel spas. Can recommend the neck, shoulder and back massage and the treatments for 2 are a nice way to relax together.

The safari park is a nice morning out tho the kids might not enjoy staying in the car for too long but there is a little petting zoo bit with bunnies etc.

Have a lovely time - we are going for Christmas this year or else we'd be going this month!

willtryharder Sat 12-Sep-09 16:42:04

We are also going back at the begining of November.

We are taking the grandparents so dh and I can go out.

Definitely take some food with you, though dh left quite a bit at home in the freezer so we had to order takeout. The Indian food was the best.

Ds also 3 did Teddy Bears picnic, painting and yoga.

I bought a gym pass but will probably give it a miss this time as it is very small and nobody checked.

SixtyFootDoll Sat 12-Sep-09 16:47:13

I am going on Friday for the weekend!
We usually stay in to eat as we are all so exhausted after a day in the pool!

BristolIrishGirl Mon 14-Sep-09 11:15:11

Thanks ladies. Really looking forward to it. We don't get out much so if there's a baby sitter - will cope with the over priced restaurant as a one off!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now