Talk

Advanced search

Is it worth trying to haggle hotel price for Tenerife hotel for late hol.

(2 Posts)

I could go to this hotel with Thomson inc flights for £320 per person. But they don't fly the dates I want.

I've found flights at £207 each return but the hotel want 490 euros for the week, which must be over £400. Do yo ureckon I could get hotel down to £300? Is it worth asking?

Drayford Fri 11-Sep-09 09:39:26

You've nothing to lose by asking. If you say to them you are also looking elsewhere but you like the look of their hotel better they may do you a deal or upgrade your room for the same price - speak to the Manager or reservations Manager if you can or email them - tell them that you found their hotel with Thomson but you'd much rather deal direct. IME Thomson will be paying considerably less than 490 euros for the week - possibly as little as a third of that!

I've had varying success when trying to do deals with hotels- Chain hotels are notoriously difficult sometimes, but some do follow the "bums on seats" rule (as do I with my own holiday business) and let at a discount rather than be empty. Remember you can always just walk away from the negotiation.

Good luck !!!!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now