Advanced search

Need some advice on travel money

(4 Posts)
paranoidmother Wed 09-Sep-09 21:49:03

We're travelling to France at half term and are going to need to spend some money whilst there.

So whats the most economical way of taking euros?

I have a Nationwide visa/flex account which would work and I think not cost too much extra but wasn't sure. Am still trying to find out.

A Post Office Travel Money Card has been recommended but it costs £2 per transaction I think.

Does anyone have any advice? I don't really want to carry around a lot of cash if I can help it.


movingnow Wed 09-Sep-09 21:50:48

Just use your debit card

DadInsteadofMum Thu 10-Sep-09 17:35:40

If you have a Nationwide account they are the only UK bank not to charge outrageous commission for using a foreign cash machine.

Take your card and use cash machines as if you were in the UK.

paranoidmother Sun 13-Sep-09 08:09:40

Thank you. I know they have started charging this July for Cash machines but as you say it does seem less than else where.

Thank you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: