Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE help me find a central London hotel for 115 per night for a family room

(12 Posts)
MrsEricBanaMT Tue 08-Sep-09 11:50:55

This is for two adults and a nearly 5 year old. We want to take DS to London as he is loves pics of Westminster and St Paul's, etc. He's really excited at the prospect of going. Just nearly booked what I though was 2 nights BB at The Tower for £230 before I realised that was per night. We don't have that much to spare for a two night break as well as train fares coming down from Newcastle + spending money.

We would really like a central hotel though so we could make the most of the two days we have there.

Please help!

MrsBadger Tue 08-Sep-09 11:56:26

you need the Holiday Inn Express at Old St - double rooms with a sofabed for the 5yo
you need to book well in advance for the best prices though - when are you going?

there are alos Premier Inns at Tower Hill and Tower Bridge

slyandgobbo Tue 08-Sep-09 12:00:37

There's something called the Days Hotel in Hackney Road (sounds bad but a ten-minute walk from Shoreditch) which looks reasonably pleasant and cheap and slightly less super-urban than the Old Street Holiday Inn express although the Old Street one would be incredibly handy. There are a lot of funny looking hotels in Bloomsbury which might be worth a look.

EldonAve Tue 08-Sep-09 12:02:13

Travelodge Covent Garden is worth checking too

MrsEricBanaMT Tue 08-Sep-09 12:24:37

Going half term 2 nights 26 and 27th oct. Just found a triple room (3 singles) in Sidney hotel Victoria for 230.

RubyBlueberry Tue 08-Sep-09 12:28:36

what dates?

AvengingGerbil Tue 08-Sep-09 12:43:46

We stayed at Searcy's Roof Garden, 30 Pavilion Road, which is round the back of Harrods and reasonably priced (for London).

AnnieOneForTennis Tue 08-Sep-09 12:48:42

BIL stayed at Travelodge Drury Lane recently for something ridiculous like £19 per night.

MrsEricBanaMT Tue 08-Sep-09 12:50:45

I just booked it. Looks okay. Includes full enlglish buffet brekkie and we won't be in it much - hence not wanting to spend £500. Bloody outrageous!

RubyBlueberry Tue 08-Sep-09 12:52:43

Just cos I am a TA and we get bloody good rates when booked with train from Newcastle.
Have a lush time!

MrsEricBanaMT Tue 08-Sep-09 13:07:15

Yes, I did look into the weekend deals Ruby, but the book ins and checkouts would have made the trip too short - we just want to do the old fashoned sightseeing, not just 'do a show'.

I lived in London for four years and walked around with my eyes closed I think. Will be good to see it through DS's eyes!

Kiwinyc Fri 11-Sep-09 17:12:35

Try Premier Inn County Hall next time. Fab location, next to the London Eye, directly opposite Westminster & Big Ben etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now