Talk

Advanced search

Flying with Virgin- what are the kids meals like?

(10 Posts)
tvfriend Mon 07-Sep-09 22:36:23

Have heard they're a bit rubbish?
DD is 2. The man I spoke to in reservations suggested she have the adult meals as the kids meals weren't up to much. Will probably take food with us anyway that I know she'll eat but just wondered if you got anything worth having?
Same question on the 'baby meals' too.
Thanks

MaMight Tue 08-Sep-09 08:09:45

They're okay. Dd had one last week.

Pasta bolagnaise.
Haribo sweeties hmm
Packet of fruit.
Orange juice.
Salad.
Some sort of pudding I think. Struggling to remember.

Not massively different to the adult meal really, just a bit smaller and served earlier.

EldonAve Tue 08-Sep-09 09:39:43

Fruit shoots were involved in our last trip

I always take food with us

PestoSurfMonster Tue 08-Sep-09 09:56:38

Mine won't usually eat their childrens meal. They are OK, but nothing special.

Itsjustafleshwound Tue 08-Sep-09 10:03:13

Why don't you just get the tray and forego the hot meal ? It is so much easier to handle especially if the staff take their time to clear the trays and you have ative children ...

oldraver Sun 13-Sep-09 23:00:59

Lol @ Virgin giving out Fruitshoots and Haribo

Linnet Sun 13-Sep-09 23:35:16

We flew with Virgin to Florida 4 years ago adn the kids meal was great.
It was a long time ago so I can't remember exactly what food was in it but what I do remember is that it was the best kids meal that dd had ever had on any of the flights she'd been on.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 14-Sep-09 16:59:01

The last meal DS had on a Virgin flight was congealed!. How they managed to ruin baked beans heaven only knows but they did and with style.

Do bring your own foodstuffs for your 2 year old. Such meals are not often served long before the adult meals are brought around. If she eats fruit do ensure that you leave behind any uneaten fruit before disembarking.

oldraver Mon 14-Sep-09 23:24:02

DS is dairy free so had intended on taking a few snacks with us and also ordering a dairy free meal (if they do one its not listed on their special meals). I'm not sure if it would be a general DF meal or a childs one

Spag Bol would be perfectly fine so long as it wasnt covered in cheese like his meatballs (actually quite nice) on flight last year

On flight to Florida in June, DD had chicken dippers & beans, packet of Haribo (which DH scoffed), packet of grapes, Peter Rabbit thing (possibly fruit puree?) in a squeezy carton, and drink. Actually tasted ok, and thought it catered for all tastes.

Way back into Uk was dire. Maccaroni Cheese (which tasted foul), yoghurt drink, and raisins are what I remember. Breakfast was the same as ours had she been awake, which was a cheese/ham muffin (V. yum).

You could order a kids meal for her, and forego some of your meal if she decides she'd prefer that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now