Talk

Advanced search

How long do you think it would take for passports to be processed at this time of year?

(11 Posts)
fartmeistergeneral Sun 06-Sep-09 20:39:36

2 new ones (not renewed) for my kids?

spicemonster Sun 06-Sep-09 20:40:58

What's their estimate - 3 weeks? I'd reckon on that. If you're in a hurry, express them. It's too stressful otherwise

sandyballs Sun 06-Sep-09 20:41:40

2-3 weeks maybe. Be careful with the photos though,my Dds was sent back as her head wasn't big enough in the photo hmm

mrsfossil Mon 07-Sep-09 19:34:36

Hi we just got our dd 1st passport back it took just 2 weeks. As she is only 5 months we took her to a photographers for her passport snaps. He got them perfect and we got some spare ones all for £4, no faffing in a booth, and we were guarateed they would be accepted.

PortAndLemon Mon 07-Sep-09 19:38:17

1-2 weeks, I reckon. I renewed mine and got a new one for DD in July last year (which I'd expect to be busier than September) and had both back within ten days.

fartmeistergeneral Tue 08-Sep-09 08:08:42

Just filling in the application form and it says it needs the boys' full birth certificates - I've only got a kind of short version (what I thought was a normal version). Says it needs a full one with my details and dh's details on it?? Is that right? Won't mine do?

PortAndLemon Tue 08-Sep-09 09:09:26

No, you need a full birth certificate that has the child's details and also lists his parents' details. A short form certificate doesn't say who the child's parents are.

If you still live in the area where you registered their births, the quickest way to get a full birth certificate is likely to be from the register office.

stiginthedumps Tue 08-Sep-09 09:21:10

If you need to you can do the fast track service where you book an appointment to have your form checked and signed at the passport office (obv. depends where you live). It's very good and you get the passports in 7 days.

P&L is right you do need the full birth certs.

stanausauruswrecks Tue 08-Sep-09 09:29:41

I have just got DD's first passport back this morning, applied for it on the 24th August via post office "check and send"

Wilts Tue 08-Sep-09 09:35:07

I have just had Ds2's renewal done and that took about four weeks, the picture was rejected and when the new passport came back they had given him bubblegum pink lips shock

JennyPenny22 Tue 08-Sep-09 13:22:33

Once ours was accepted it was less than 2 weeks but they were sent back a couople of times, even though we had paid for the check and sent at the PO hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now