Talk

Advanced search

Anyone any experience of which formula is available in the Algarve? Also baby ready meals?

(5 Posts)
tousletop Sun 06-Sep-09 18:02:40

Travelling with a toddler and just weaning baby, who has had first few bottles of formula - cow and gate. Have bought lots of nice packets of baby food as really don't want to spend time trying to puree etc in a villa, and had an awful experience with DC1 in Majorca, when couldn't get any nice baby food at all. But my suitcase is already weighing in at about 100KG I think - do I really need to take all this food and formula, or can I buy it all there???

BrigitBigKnickers Sun 06-Sep-09 18:18:25

Hi I've just come back from the ALgarve and although I have no need to buy baby stuff (dds are 11 and 13)I'm pretty sure I saw a large range of baby foods and milks in some of their big supermarkets (and there are plenty around) Where abouts in the Algarve are you going?

tousletop Sun 06-Sep-09 18:56:39

Hmmm, should really know this but am a little hazy on the exact location.... It looks fairly far along the coast, towards the western tip.

LIZS Sun 06-Sep-09 19:04:16

C and G won't be available, never seen it outside UK. Aptamil and Hipp possibly plus various Nestle.

MrsBadger Mon 07-Sep-09 07:48:27

I would say take milk if you need it but buy food out there. Personally I'd just give finger food or mashed stuff off your plates rather than pureeing or making up packets.

NB if he has only had a few bottles of formula would it be easier to go back to bf while you are away?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now