Talk

Advanced search

ryanair free pushchair any age??

(10 Posts)
ladykay Thu 03-Sep-09 15:06:40

Hi, we are booked on Ryanair to Italy and not sure position on whether pushchair needs to be booked/is free or charged. We have already checked-in on line (eight days until holiday) so it is probably a nightmare to change and canNOT get hold of them on the rip-off phone line. Help! Our toddler is just over two.

ladykay Thu 03-Sep-09 15:35:47

I meant to say, their blurb about it seems to flip between saying there is an allowance for INFANTS and an allowance for children, which is different as infants travel free but 2 years and 1 month olds pay full price. Also still don't know if I'm supposed to inform them that we will have one before check in.

Bettymum Thu 03-Sep-09 15:41:11

Hmm, well I just booked a flight for me and DD to Italy last week (she's 19 months) and Ryanair was going to charge me £20 for a piece of infant equipment! So DD has to get fit between now and the end of September as I'm not taking a buggy grin. Last year when I flew with them though (April and July '08), I took a car seat for free. I have a feeling though that it was just for the under 2's in any case. I don't think you need to book it, but you may be charged at the airport .

mumof2222222222222222boys Thu 03-Sep-09 15:53:59

I think you will be ok with pushchair. We were (the) last time we flew with Ryanair - but it was a year ago. Think baby stuff means a travel cot or car seat.

katiepotatie Thu 03-Sep-09 15:59:02

Flew with Ryanair to Ireland last month, Buggy free, we had a double. Our car seat £20, any other additional baby items £20 per item. We had our baby and 2.4 yr old.

Bettymum Thu 03-Sep-09 16:11:32

That's interesting katie, will check the website again and see if I can take the buggy.

Bettymum Thu 03-Sep-09 16:14:10

This is what my T&Cs say:

There is no CHECKED/CABIN baggage allowance for infants. However, one fully collapsible pushchair per child may be carried free of charge. Additional infant equipment such as car/booster seats and travel cots may be carried in addition to your personal checked baggage allowance.

So it looks like a buggy is OK!

ladykay Thu 03-Sep-09 16:21:28

This is where I get confused tho'! Our child DOES have checked/cabin baggage allowance as he is over two, but does that remove his entitlement to a free pushchair? Thanks for replies, by the way, some glimmers of hope there!

ladykay Thu 03-Sep-09 16:30:13

Because Katie I wonder if you were allowed a double buggy on the basis of having the baby rather than the 2.4 year old - and mumof, did you have a buggy specifically for an over two?

katiepotatie Sat 05-Sep-09 01:11:26

I'm sure if your child is of an age that a buggy is quite obviously required eg toddler it is allowed. Flew to Greece when dd was 18 months buggy allowed too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now