Talk

Advanced search

Folding away a Samsonite Pop-up Travel Bubble Cot - how on earth?!

(18 Posts)
YodaisaCat Wed 02-Sep-09 22:24:03

We've just bought this travel cot and it certainly pops up nice and easily but we're stumped as to how to fold it away. The instructions are useless. For example, to lie it flat, you have to twist it but it doesn't say this, so perhaps you don't lie it flat as such. And do you hold it by the opening or from the back? If anyone could share some step by step instructions we'd be very grateful as I think we've already bent it out of shape and it's driving us mad! Thank god we did this at home, not in Portugal next week, when late for the plane home! smile

Thank you in advance.

PacificDogwood Wed 02-Sep-09 22:28:03

grin
It is very easy once you have mastered it, until then it will seem impossible!

Do you have the baby or toddler sized one? The technique is the same, just the bigger one takes more wrist strength.

Fold it flat. Hold on both sides and twist, keep twisting (may be 2 person job) until it kind of figure-of-8s into itself.

Gosh, this is impossible to describe.
Did you do a search on YouTube? There seem to be visual instructions for almost anything on there.

HTH a bit. Hopefully somebody more articulate will be along soon.

norktasticninja Wed 02-Sep-09 22:28:23

Is it anything like this one?

PacificDogwood Wed 02-Sep-09 22:29:26

Does this help? Annoying woman, though!

norktasticninja Wed 02-Sep-09 22:29:29

x listen to PD

norktasticninja Wed 02-Sep-09 22:29:50

x

giantkatestacks Wed 02-Sep-09 22:30:25

And be careful of it bedoinging back into your face as you're getting it into the bag - this happened to my dh - I laughed but he wasnt very amused...grin

PacificDogwood Wed 02-Sep-09 22:33:19

blush
Who on earth needs instructions on how to put them up?
There must be better stuff on there, have a search yourself. Need to see to crying baba, sorry!

norktasticninja Wed 02-Sep-09 22:33:37

Ours is even more fiendish! You'll be fine with practice grin

YodaisaCat Wed 02-Sep-09 22:46:35

Thank you! I will wrestle with it again. That annoying woman on Youtube just puts it up, she doesn't take it down! Sigh. I just KNOW there's a knack and I need to master it but I'm worried we'll bend it all out of shape before then. Hey ho. We have the baby one by the way.

hthome Wed 09-Sep-09 22:55:55

I'm struggling with this as well and can't even get started. blush How do you even fold it flat with the struts in the bottom of the cot?

CarGirl Wed 09-Sep-09 22:59:43

Take the stuts out.

you need to hold onto it with one hand fingers up and the other thumb up. Then twist your hands in opposite directions.

HTH

LauraIngallsWilder Wed 09-Sep-09 23:00:19

at pacific's link

That lady likes to say 'now what you'll find.........' A LOT

LauraIngallsWilder Wed 09-Sep-09 23:04:39

the smaller one

That is way more hassle than I imagined they were
I thought they just popped up - they so dont just pop up shock

if its the smaller one, hold flat, holding either end, twist hands in oppersite directions until a figure of 8 appears, then carry on twisting while pushing bother circles into eachother. Same for large one, just make sure you take out mattress and 2 rods from top.

hthome Thu 10-Sep-09 10:41:47

I'm in work at the minute but unless I'm being very stupid (always a possibility) the struts in the bottom of the cot (the larger one) don't come out and besides they were already in there when I took it out of the bag yesterday. And as I say, I can't get it to lie flat properly with these in there. Should they be bent in a particular way?

Could one of you that've mastered it throw up a quick video? grin

milsbop Tue 16-Nov-10 14:13:51

yes please, video would be good! it's sticking out of the front pouch in my suitcase at the minute as i've only managed to fold it up halfway.

cynthia31 Fri 05-Aug-11 09:42:42

hi all,

i have exactly the same problem with folding away the samsonite pop up travel cot. I cannot get it flat to start twisting as there are two poles at the bottom that were already there when unpackacking and cannot be taken out(i took out the removable top ones of course). can anyones help me with this? so its really the first step on how to get it flat and start. all the youtube movies doesnt seem to have the poles at the bottom.

kind regards

cynthia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now