Talk

Advanced search

Lake district walks with pushchair?

(6 Posts)
Shanini Wed 02-Sep-09 14:04:37

Hi
We're off to the Lake District at the end of September, staying near Windermere. Does anybody know of any good walks we can do with a pushchair? It is an all-terrain one so off road is fine, provided it isn't too bumpy and no need to lift the buggy over stiles etc.

Thanks very much!

abgirl Wed 02-Sep-09 14:10:50

Shanini, there is a specific book of walks you can do in the lake district with a pushchair here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/All-Terrain-Pushchair-Walks-Lakeland/dp/1850588171/ref=sr11?ie=UTF8&s=book s&qid=1251896986&sr=8-1 we had it at our holiday cottage and it was very good.

HTH

branflake81 Wed 02-Sep-09 17:22:25

You can walk the coffin route from rydal water to grasmere, it's fairly flat and not too arduous with a buggy.

I would steer clear of any walks over fields as they will just be really boggy.

You could go up Orrest Head in Windermere with a push chair very easily.

selby Wed 02-Sep-09 22:53:06

Well, we spent a week based near Ambleside walking with our 5 yr old and 2 yr old. Just print off a choice of walks off here. My favourite walk was Tarn Hows. We put our 2 yr old in a backpack to walk to Jenkin's Crag and to Stockghyll Waterfalls which I would also recommend (cannot do these in a buggy though)

tsom Thu 03-Sep-09 21:05:18

We have walked a lot with an off road pushchair with ds 1 and 2 as my inlaws live near Kendal. The All terrain pushchair walks books are good, the north lakeland one in particular is excellent. Check out the Ullswater walk which involves a boat ride back to pooley bridge - fresh hot scones at the Howton hotel just before you get on the boat, they come out of the oven at about 4pm. Yum. We have done this walk 4 times, it's a fave. Take a picnic as there isn't always refreshments available en-route when you want them on a lot of the walks.

Shanini Wed 09-Sep-09 15:58:21

Thanks for the suggestions - the miles without stiles web site especially looks great. Thanks Selby! We shall print a few of these routes off and take them with us. All we need now is for this nice weather to continue!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now