Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What can you take (or not) in hand luggage on the plane?

(7 Posts)
snail1973 Wed 02-Sep-09 13:39:31

WHat's the latest on size of bag, liquids etc please

CHOOGIRL Wed 02-Sep-09 14:00:23

Size and no of bags depends upon the airline/airport. No liquids/gels over 100ml. Containers must be in a clear resealable bag. No scissors or sharp items, no lighters. HTH

angel1976 Wed 02-Sep-09 14:03:53

Just came back from two-week holiday on Monday... Was upset they confiscated my UNOPENED jar of Sudocream. It was the medium sized jar.

They seem to be more relaxed now with baby food and liquids otherwise... We had a lot of baby food (we were flying long haul with 18-month-old) and they said we had to choose half of all we brought to TASTE. We had some Ella's Kitchen pouches so those were easy to open to taste and seal again. You are also okay to bring water in a baby bottle (they didn't even bat an eyelid we had a full bottle of water in a toddler drinking cup). We were also fine to bring in those ready-made cartons or bottles of formula milk. We had a sports bag as hand luggage and they were fine with that.

haggisaggis Wed 02-Sep-09 14:08:52

Don't take plasticine or playdough to amuse the kids - we managed to get it all the way to the US only for US security to bin it on the way back!

simplesusan Sun 06-Sep-09 11:43:52

I had to throw away several cartons of juice and bottled water. All liquids had to be less than 100mls, in a sealable bag measuring I think no more than 20cm by 20cm.
Couldn't find any juice cartons/bottles this small so ended up paying £6 for 3 small kids drinks on the plane.

CaurnieBred Sun 06-Sep-09 23:56:51

A tip that I used this year - take an extra zip lock bag through customs and then get it filled with ice at the bar/coffee shop. Handy for the cool bag.

DadInsteadofMum Mon 07-Sep-09 17:56:10

You can buy water and cartons of drink in the shops after security and then take it on the plane - much cheaper than buying on the plane.

[Except in Turin where we were re-searched just before boarding and had everything we had just bought taken away from us]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now