Talk

Advanced search

please find me perfect holiday destination

(5 Posts)
frazzled74 Wed 02-Sep-09 00:27:28

I want to book family holiday april/may next year. there will be five of us, dh hates holidays but if he is pushed into one likes places that are not too touristy , ds 16 likes culture and a bit of life , . dd 6 loves to swim and ds 3 will fit in with the rest, as will I.I would like to go abroad but have budget of £2000- 2500 max for the five of us inc flights.all suggestions will be greatfully received. self catering preferred.

fortyplus Wed 02-Sep-09 00:34:15

Cyprus? There are quiet places to stay if you root around. Culture: Roman city at Kourion, mosaics at Paphos.

frazzled74 Wed 02-Sep-09 11:53:39

Fortyplus thanks for the reply.Where abouts in cyprus,? dont want to be where all the clubs are. should i go for a package or find flights and apartment myself?

fortyplus Wed 02-Sep-09 23:40:05

I think the naff bit is at the very eastern tip - Agia Napa or however you spell it. We've only been to the Greek (south) side as we have friends living in Limassol, but apparently the most beautiful beaches are in the north.

Limassol itself is busy - lots of high rise but some charming parts too down by the old harbour.

Our friends took us to governor's beach where there's a bar/restaurant right by the beach so free use of loos, changing room, sun loungers etc just as long as you buy a few drinks throughout the day.

Paphos has lots going on and is reasonably close to one of the airports. The other airport is Larnaca which is at the eastern end.

It probably doesn't matter too much where you stay as the island is small and car hire is cheap (at least it was before Cyprus joined the Eurozone - mayu have changed a bit now!) They drive on the left, too. If you go then make sure you drive into the mountains.

frazzled74 Thu 03-Sep-09 09:40:42

thanks will have a look into it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now