Talk

Advanced search

Tips for traveling to Kefalonia with 5 month old

(4 Posts)
cfc Mon 31-Aug-09 20:09:00

Hello all,

we're heading to Kefalonia in September with our 5 month old son.

He's ex. bf but I would like to be able to give him a bottle of expressed milk when we're out there so I can have a glass of wine (or two!). He's used to taking a bottle and has a couple a week of the expressed stuff.

I know you can get sterilising tablets so will pack some of them, and we're planning on hiring a car out there so will take the travel system (pram base and car seat which clips in and can be used in car) but does anyone have any tips specific to traveling with a little one or to Kefalonia?

Can I buy nappies there, do you think? (I'm not much of a sun traveller, more a skier!).

TIA

BosomForAPillow Mon 31-Aug-09 21:10:15

Hi, I went to Kefalonia this spring when my dd was 7 months old. We did the pram base/car seat combo too which worked well.
You can definitely buy nappies there but we only found her normal (pampers) after already buying an unfamiliar brand (which were fine, better than pampers probably!). We were a short drive from the capital so had a few supermarkets (3 I think) to choose from but I'm sure smaller towns would also do all the baby basics.

I think you'll have a lovely time, weather will be warm but not too hot and if your ds is not starting solids yet it will be so easy just to breastfeed and not have to sort out food for him. I was breastfeeding too and didn't take any bottles etc so not sure about the sterilising but I would say take your own.

One thing I do recommend is a plug-in type of mosquito killer so you don't have to worry about bites in the night. Also one of those all in one UV suits for the swimming pool.

Have a lovely holiday!

lizmcfizz Mon 31-Aug-09 23:41:01

Agree with UV suit. Get a decent sunhat and a pop up UV tent for baby to sit in if poss. Will double up as a shady place for you to lie down in and feed him! (I had problems finding anywhere shaded to feed when we went on hols to Nice with our dd at 3 months)
Have a great time!

cfc Tue 01-Sep-09 08:26:42

Thank you I will leave all the nappies behind then!

We have a UV suit and I'll take some green soap so that I can wash that out when he uses it. I don't plan on being in the pool every day.

I didn't think about the pop up thing, thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now