Talk

Advanced search

4 children from 1 to 7. Where do you recommend for next year?

(5 Posts)
alysonpeaches Mon 31-Aug-09 13:14:03

This year I decided that airports were too difficult, so unless you can suggest a nice quiet destination airport I might not be flying!

This year we went to Spain, it was a nightmare, dont want to repeat it.

Only answer if you have a largish family. Where do we go next year? bearing in mind room size occupancy etc.

We like beach holidays and dont do sports or lots of walking.

MadameCastafiore Mon 31-Aug-09 13:20:05

here

It is sublime.

We have been for the last 2 years and will be going again - I recommended it to another mumsnetter and saw her there when we went this year and she and her family are going again next year.

The family that own it are lovely - taking the kids off to feed chiuckens and fetch fresh figs and grapes etc from the trees.

Pool is salt water, is very friendly, very safe. You can go to Siena, Florence and Arezzo from there and you fly to Bologna or Fiorli or maybe at a push Piza - we go from Fiorli ot Bologna though.

And they sell their own wine for the grand sum of 3 euros a bottle for white and 4 euros for red!

My DD is 9 by the way and we have gone for the last 2 years and she loved it - DS is now 4 and there were people there with kids from new born to 14 - totally untouristy, local ipercoop great for produce and you get lots of different nationalities but everyone gets on - DCs met some polish kids and they couldn;t communicate but played together for hours and all burst into tears when we left!

You would need the big house though for 6 of you - it is lovely, V clean and has a well equipped kitchen.

alysonpeaches Tue 01-Sep-09 21:58:20

Thanks. It really adds up though when you pay for 6 flights too!

haventsleptforayear Wed 02-Sep-09 12:05:57

quick question madamecastafiore.

Most of the apartment are with just one bedroom - do you put the kids in the living room on the sofa bed together?

thirtysomething Wed 02-Sep-09 12:17:23

Drive to France? Brittany good as not too hot, generally cheap and fab beaches. lots to visit if weather not great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now