Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Camping Del Garda or Bella Italia? Is there a supermarket nearby?

(12 Posts)
Caz10 Thu 27-Aug-09 23:29:29

Going there in October, very excited! Trying to cut costs, and wondering if car hire is necessary - one of the reasons for getting one would be to do a big shop at the start of the week, to avoid using the on-site supermarket which I assume will be a bit pricier. Has anyone been there and could recommend a supermarket within easy reach?

Thanks!

cocolepew Fri 28-Aug-09 19:56:29

Caz10 Fri 28-Aug-09 20:54:39

is that a no?! grin

cocolepew Sat 29-Aug-09 09:00:00

No, I'm on a bumping unanswered threads frenzy grin

stubbyfingers Sat 29-Aug-09 09:09:47

The website mentions supermarket in its description of amenities?

We went camping around the Italian Lakes a few years ago, but as we were moving around it was very necessary to have a car; we just wouldn't have been able to get away from the busy road areas without it. However, once we got to Lake Garda, we were able to catch a bus to Verona very easily. We went end of Sep and lots of the campsites were just closing for the winter so were nice and quiet. It was a really great holiday, I'm jealous!

Caz10 Sat 29-Aug-09 13:21:41

Aaaw thank you cocolepew, and look it worked!! grin

stubbyfingers I am hoping it is nice and quiet as it is a big busy campsite which wouldn't normally be my cup of tea. Was the weather good for you?

The bus service is meant to be v g so we are unsure if we even need a hire car - especially as it is going to cost more than the week's accomodation! shock

stubbyfingers Sat 29-Aug-09 20:14:25

The weather was really gorgeous; we went 28th Sep for a week and it was about 24 degrees ish. Just right for me personally, though it was cooler up towards the mountains. Lake Garda seemed to be the busiest Lake, but it is at the very end of the season so surely it won't be too bad. There were only a couple of other groups on the whole site when we were there. We were here at Camping Sirminone and we have lovely memories of sitting on the jetty at night with the Lake perfectly still and the lights sparkling in the distance.

I am really, really jealous envy.

cocolepew Sat 29-Aug-09 21:08:40

grin

Caz10 Sun 30-Aug-09 14:29:47

Oh that is a gorgeous looking campsite! It's in my favourites for another holiday, lol. That temp would be perfect for me too.
Even more excited now! (although somewhat wary of the 3hr flight with a 22mth old...)!

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 02-Sep-09 22:37:30

There are a few supermarkets in Peschiera del Garda, one of them quite big.

There's a reasonable one about 10 minutes walk from Camping Del Garda.

don't know about Bella Italia, but it's fairly central, I'd have thought there'd be something within that kind of walking distance.

There's also a couople of bike hire places on the roundabout at the bottom of the road from the train station. The bloke in the one we went to spoke very good english. HTH.

spub Tue 08-Sep-09 16:25:51

We stayed in Camping Piantelle. Large supermarket within 5 mins walking from our campsite plus a small but reasonable supermarket on-site, too.
Hope you have a fab time.

myalias Tue 08-Sep-09 16:29:26

There are loads of supermarkets near Bella I have a feeling there is a Lidl nearby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now