Talk

Advanced search

Parking in Oxford - help!!!

(5 Posts)
Squishabelle Thu 27-Aug-09 21:08:03

We are travelling to Oxford next Friday (staying at the Youth Hostel) and need to park our car from when we arrive (9-10pm fri) until when we leave 12-1 Sunday. I understand parking in Oxford is a nightmare! Ive checked on the internet and cannot find any overnight car parking. Ive even resorted to looking on a website called "park on my Drive" where residents will let you park at their house for a fee - but cannot find anywhere close enough. Are there any MNetters who can point me in the direction of any overnight parking that they are aware of. Thank you.

greensnail Thu 27-Aug-09 21:14:40

You can park for free in all of the park and ride car parks in oxford. At Thornhill and Water Eaton park and rides you can park for up to 72 hours, so that should be fine. You'd then need to get the bus into the centre.

park and ride info

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 27-Aug-09 21:18:22

The park and ride at OXford is fabbo

Free parking for up to three days at Pear Tree too

£1.60 per way into/back out of town

The staff are v helpful

There are about 5 park and rides, well signposted. Utterly fantastic, I highly recommend.

HTH

PigeonPie Thu 27-Aug-09 21:18:51

For the Youth Hostel (by the Station?) I'd park at the Seacourt Park and Ride as it's just a short ride to the centre and the bus should stop very close by.

Seacourt is on the A34 Botley side of town.

It's a long time since I've used P&R, but you can buy season tickets for parking there. There should be info on the website greensnail linked to.

Squishabelle Thu 27-Aug-09 21:21:19

Greensnail - thank-you. Will have a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now