Talk

Advanced search

Cheap French stopover hotels

(11 Posts)
scrappydappydoo Thu 27-Aug-09 08:19:29

My head is exploding - please help - we're driving down to the south of france on saturday with dd1(3) and dd2(18mths). I'm trying to find a stopover hotel around the orleans area of which there are plenty but they all either
a) sleep only 3 people
b) sleep 4 but are too expensive
As dd2 is in a travel cot - does she count as a person? could I book a 3 bed and just not include her? dh says no cos the french are funny about occupancy rates..
Your help, knowledge and experience please!

TheBolter Thu 27-Aug-09 08:31:57

Have you tried Hotel Ibis?

gill89 Thu 27-Aug-09 08:33:04

we always stay in a campanille

they are about 80 euros for a family room sleeping 4

TheBolter Thu 27-Aug-09 08:33:52

Yes you can book a three bed, and put 18mth old in travel cot. Of course. You'd be crazy to do otherwise! Take advantage of their age now! It all goes expensive once they're over three!

MaryBS Thu 27-Aug-09 08:37:44

We booked a Campanile for our trip, and got a 30% discount on their website, so paid about 50 euros. Not all Campaniles had the offer, so we were flexible about which one we stayed in. Their website is multilingual and you can book online. There were 4 of us.

scrappydappydoo Thu 27-Aug-09 10:43:17

Sorry - had to take dds out. Ibis seem to have only rooms for 2 people, campanile only have rooms for 3 - when I put 4 in it comes up with nothing.
We have stayed in etaps in the past and they're coming up around £40 but sleep 3 - I just don't want to be thrown out with nowhere to go!

annh Thu 27-Aug-09 11:12:03

Very difficult to find rooms in France to take four. The only chain we found which did rooms for four was Novotel but that is more expensive than you probably want to pay. However, with one in a travel cot you should probably be able to book a room for three and just bring in a travel cot - assuming you are bringing one with you. our boys are older so we always end up paying for two rooms now as they both need beds.

If you google an area, you can sometimes find small, family-run hotels which do rooms for four although as I seem to leave these things to the last minute, they are always fully-booked by the time I get round to looking!

Rebeccaj Thu 27-Aug-09 11:43:06

Have you tried http://www.logis-de-france.fr/uk/index.htm? They have lots of smaller hotels.

clumber Fri 28-Aug-09 21:30:46

Check the Novotel website for deals including buffet breakfast as they work out only a little more than the cheaper chains but often have a playroom and a pool.

Another cnudget hainwith rooms for 3 is BBHotel.

Portofino Fri 28-Aug-09 21:44:16

We always use Novotels. Sleep 4 and you can usually get a good all in rate - nut maybe 130 euros to include dinner. try the Accor website

They do cheaper hotels too....

Claire2301 Fri 28-Aug-09 21:47:43

We use various, all very basic but perfect for stopover:

Etap
Kyriad
B&B Hotels
Campanile.

Have a lovely trip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now