Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a nice cheap hotel in London...

(16 Posts)
shigella Wed 26-Aug-09 13:17:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

angelene Wed 26-Aug-09 13:21:11

I like Premier Inn to be honest - I stay in them occasionally for work and they are always clean and comfortable with a shower that works.

I am also trying to find cheap hotels that also have Tesco Clubcard deals (I'm trying to take DD to London for as little as possible) but haven't come across anything yet.

I think this may be the Holy Grail.

[deeply unhelpful emoticon]

bigTillyMint Wed 26-Aug-09 13:28:40

There are often deals at Hiltons / Holiday Inns, etc advertised in the papers - keep a look out!

Thinkstoomuch Wed 26-Aug-09 13:29:01

We had a great break on the Hilton's 2 nights for the price of 1 offer. I think they've run it twice this year so they might do it again? We had a very large family room (2 queen size beds + sofa area) at the Metropole for about £200. For less that that I think you might be looking at Premier Inns and Travel Lodges in order to have a big enough room - they might be bland but they're usually clean and central.

ilove Wed 26-Aug-09 13:36:26

Holiday Inn Express at South Wimbledon...is lovely, decent breakfast included, clean large rooms, parking is cheap, opposite tube station.

serinBrightside Wed 26-Aug-09 18:32:11

Marriott have lovely comfy beds and the one at Hyde Park is cheap, clean and has a pool. Very reasonable if there are no more than four of you in a room but not so economical if there are five of you as they insist on two rooms!

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 26-Aug-09 18:50:16

Under £70 a night?. Short answer is that you won't find anything, let alone anything half decent, for that money per night. This is London you're talking about and you're going to have to pay more per night to stay in the capital.

I would pay as much as you can afford and look at www.tripadvisor.com for up to date reviews and photos.

Premier Inn at County Hall is supposed to be nice to stay in.

Squishabelle Wed 26-Aug-09 18:52:34

Shigella. I think that on a budget of less than £70 per night you will be extremely lucky to get anything other than travelodgy type places in London during the half term. The Travelodge at Covent Garden really is ok and is in a very convenient location.

serinBrightside Wed 26-Aug-09 19:12:29

Oh Heck, missed the budget of £70. But you might get Marriott on offer for around £100 per night if you want a few nights. Check out their website.

WriggleJiggle Thu 27-Aug-09 09:24:57

Why not stay just outside London. There would be much more choice and far cheaper. The tubes run late.

RamblingRosa Thu 27-Aug-09 09:50:49

Have you looked on Lastminute.com and Expedia? They often seem to have bargain deals. Lastminute do a mystery hotel thing where you pay a bargain price for a hotel (without knowing which hotel), you just know the rough location and how many stars it is. I know someone who's done this and says it's great. They ended up in a really posh hotel for bargain price.

saintmaybe Thu 27-Aug-09 09:55:12

We used laterooms, and got a v good deal. Still more than £70 though. And you'd have to chance it and book late to get the best price, I think.

kslatts Thu 27-Aug-09 09:58:22

I would stay just outside London, Richmond, Twickenham or Brentford would all have much cheaper accomodation and have good transport into central london.

Public transport around London does run very late so you shouldn't have any problems getting back to your accomodation.

tethersend Thu 27-Aug-09 10:01:12

This place is great, but VERY difficult to get the offers- normally quite expensive I think.

Try the topsecret hotel thing though- have done it a few times, and always got nice, central places. And I live in London. (Don't ask why we got a hotel wink)

Sorry ilove, but I wouldn't recommend staying at the holiday in express in South Wimbledon/Colliers' Wood as, even though it's opposite a tube station, it's so far from the centre (and on the Northern line), you might as well be outside of London.

tvfriend Thu 27-Aug-09 15:16:16

There is a premier inn in Putney which is meant to be fine and Putney is v nice. It's v near the tube station as well and MAY be less than £70.
(Actually it's by Putney Bridge and technically in Fulham)
Could be in the centre in no time at all.
I'd say in Central London you were looking at shared bathrooms for 70 (yuk)

shigella Thu 27-Aug-09 19:33:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now