Talk

Advanced search

Cruise Cabins - what do I book, inside, outside????

(10 Posts)
boneybones Tue 25-Aug-09 20:36:13

I dont have a clue, I dont want cheap and nasty and dont think we should go for a balcony due to 5 yr old.

Please give me your advice

preciouslillywhite Tue 25-Aug-09 20:39:36

outside

(inside makes you feel sick)

preciouslillywhite Wed 26-Aug-09 09:48:42

boney since it looks like I killed your thread- here's a shameless bump

...or maybe we all too jealous to post envy

have you booked it yet??

MrsBadger Wed 26-Aug-09 09:53:23

inside will have no windows at all so I say outside but no balcony

but I have never ever been on a cruise and can't think of many worse things than taking a 5yo on one, so feel free to ignore grin

Cluckadoodledoo Wed 26-Aug-09 09:59:13

They are one of the best holidays you can do with a 5 year old! The childrens clubs beat any I have experienced in a hotel and there is so much to do on board if you choose the right ship! P&O have Noddy onboard too he was a hoot!Plus if you sail from Southampton you cut out having to fly as well.

I would say definately an outside if you can afford it. I find inside very disorientating as when you wake up you can't tell what time of day or night it is. Has never made me feel sick as such however if thre is a chance of seasickness it helps to look out of a window.

preciouslillywhite Wed 26-Aug-09 10:00:03

..have to say we have only been on a ferry to Hook of Holland wink but daresay the theory is the same!

boneybones Wed 26-Aug-09 10:30:12

I want to do a week on land at a hotel then a week on a cruise - yes saw the Noddy one, its one of the best places/hols for a family

Cluckadoodledoo Wed 26-Aug-09 11:14:51

Ah you can't do that with P&O they all sail Southhampton to Southampton.

Royal Caribbean are good too they have fly cruises. Have some good itineraries from Barcelona and Malaga.

vinblanc Wed 26-Aug-09 18:12:42

You get what you pay for. We couldn't afford much, so we got an inside cabin. This was actually fine, because we didn't spend much time there! There was a channel on the TV showing the view outside!

liliputlady Thu 27-Aug-09 22:28:27

You're not in the cabin much, but it is nicer to have a porthole. We loved doing cruise and stay, but preferred hotel week after the cruise rather than before; a week of sightseeing and structure, followed by a week relaxing by the pool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now