Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tesco clubcard airmiles - info on how to use please.

(3 Posts)
sweetheart Tue 25-Aug-09 09:31:48

My dh and I have lots of clubcard vouchers to use and we are thinking about exchanging them for airmiles for our holiday next year. Can anyone explain how it works as I have never used airmiles before.

Things I'm mostly worried about is:-

Do the airmiles have an expiry date?
Can we add to them at any time?
If we don't have enough airmiles for all 4 of us to fly can we part pay with the airmiles and then pay the balance?
If we do collect enough airmiles can we pay for all 4 of us to fly using them?

Any other info would be great.
Thanks

whinegums Tue 25-Aug-09 09:53:28

Have a look at the Airmiles website. I think you have to set up an account first.

Airmiles expire if you have no activity on your account for a period of time (can't remember how long, maybe 18 months).

Yes, you can add to them. You can collect Airmiles via online shopping, Shell, some credit cards (if you sign up for a Lloyds TSB Airmiles card you can get 1500 Airmiles for example, there are some terms and conditions, I think you have to spend a certain amount within the first few months).

Yes, you can part pay cash and miles.

Yes, assuming the flights you want are available to buy with Airmiles - there are a certain number of seats on each flight, so the earlier you book, the better the chance of getting the flights you want.

I collect Airmiles, via Tesco and other stuff. This year we used them for a trip to Madrid (included the hotel and insurance) and domestic flight connections for our holiday abroad.

Airmiles offer holidays as well as just flights too.

janinlondon Tue 25-Aug-09 10:57:49

You have to add at least one airmile every 2 years to be regarded as active. We used ours to part pay for our summer holiday this year - got around £800 off the discounted online offer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now