Talk

Advanced search

Cruise and Stay for next May - anyone recommend one?

(4 Posts)
mummatoone Mon 24-Aug-09 21:42:06

would love to go to the carribbean but sure if May is right time to go...want to cruise then have a week in hotel.

We will have a 5 yr old with us....Any suggestions?

inscotland Tue 25-Aug-09 06:21:52

Off the top of my head my first reaction would be Disney for the week (you can have either private villa or hotel) and then travel to either cape canaveral or fort lauderdale or miami to pick up your cruise of the carribean.

I have been once and went with Princess Cruises. Pretty poor stops in St Martin and St Thomas. If they are amoungst your ports of call then great but if they are your only 2 as was our case then look again if you can.

I'd try to stay away from Ocean Village and Island Cruises. Both lower end. I'd rather pay for a lower grade cabin on a better class of ship.

For kids clubs onboard, Princess, Holland America and P&O all seem to have great reputations.

You should also have a look at the cruise critic website and their forums. Huge amount of information on there.

Happy planning - we loved the cruises we've been on so far.

boneybones Tue 25-Aug-09 13:28:34

Thanks for info def dont want to do disney with a 5 yr old waiting till a bit older!

Want a lovely weeks cruise, then a stop over in hotel/beach for a week. Will check out the site you mentioned.

boneybones Tue 25-Aug-09 13:28:51

changed name!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now