Talk

Advanced search

Flying and food.

(5 Posts)
saggyhairyarse Fri 21-Aug-09 20:40:30

I have brought packaged foods to give the kids on the plane tomorrow (Humzingers, dunkers, cartons of juice, sweets etc) as I don't want to be ripped off by the airline (£1.50 for a packet of Fruit Pastilles etc).

But now I am wondering if we can take it on board, does anyone know? I was hoping it would be OK because everything is prepackaged.

vinblanc Fri 21-Aug-09 20:44:56

It's only liquids which have a problem - you can only take up to 100ml through security. However, you can buy more airside. If you want juice cartons, then get them after you pass through security.

You may also have a problem if you take fresh fruits and don't consume them on the plane.

For us, we just ate airline food, ordering a child's meal for the youngest. They did not constant snacks.

CMOTdibbler Fri 21-Aug-09 20:45:13

Sweets, humzingers are OK, but not the juice or dunkers. You can buy drinks and stuff airside at the airport though - just not before security.

The rules are for liquids, gels, and pastes, each person can have no more than fits in one small clear bag (sandwich bag size), and that none of the containers can take more than 100ml. Go through your hand baggage now and put all lipsyl, perfume etc etc in a bag now

GrimmaTheNome Fri 21-Aug-09 20:45:21

AFAIK the food is OK but the drink probably will not be allowed through security. We bought some water for our last flight at the ubiquitous Boots after going through security. Not such a rip off as airline prices at least.

saggyhairyarse Fri 21-Aug-09 21:05:27

We are going to Italy with Easyjet and I can't order a meal, it is sandwiches that my children won't eat (they eat sanwiches but won't eat 'fussy' ones) and overpriced snacks.

Thanks for the info, I haven't packed yet but will bear it all in mind! Our flight is at 5.15 so right at tea time but we are planning on a roast type lunch tomorrow so they'll survive!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now